recommend/do not recommend

Tools    

Jarhead is pretty thought provoking when it comes to american military and war....I thought it was decent, just decent though.

Rent was eh, so so.....Im not the musical type though....they sang a little too much for me....songs were average and kind annoying after awhile.

For God's sake don't watch "signs"
Okay. I give up. You won. Just want to clear one thing:

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
If only. It explains you don't know this movie you hate the logic of very well, but not much else.
My last comentary was "I expect to explain it all" where the words "it all" can be perfectly exchanged with "My theory". I did not mean to explain the movie (Which I will rewatch as I stated before). And what you meant with "you hate the logic of very well"?

And...since you obviously know this movie very well there was this one thing I didn't get. "Why did that guy (I don't remember the name) want to spread the virus? He was just crazy or the reason for that is said in the movie and I missed?

(And I'm not saying the movie is unlogical anymore just one thing I wanted to know.
My avatar is the evil doctor whom tried to test if his dumbness potion he put in the water had worked. So he created a movie to defy the inteligence of the most lesser minded human beings he decided to call this movie "signs".

A system of cells interlinked
I love 12 Monkeys, and consider it to be one of the best Sci-Fi pieces in the last fifteen years, or, ever, for that matter. So many things about the film are so wonderful. The attention to detail, the awesome set design, the screenplay, the chemistry between Stowe and Willis, the ingenius Vertigo tie-in...

The list goes on...

Luke, I will say, I didn't exactly go bananas over the film the first time I saw it, and a second viewing was almost required. For some, this fact is a turn off, but to me, it just generates more interest.

Originally Posted by Sir Toose
Mr. Pike is showcasing an awful lot of patience in this thread. Are you mellowing, sir?

12 Monkeys is brilliant, by the way.
I was going to mention that.... Most days, there would have been a whoopin....

Originally Posted by adidasss
i thought i would put this forum to use, i want you to recommend some movies you think i should watch and some i should stay clear of
mine would be: spartan - recommend
the bourne supremacy - do not recommend
two movies of similar style but very different viewing experiences, one gets boring pretty fast, the other keeps you on your toes till the end
i'll have to check out spartan but I would have to disagree with you on the bourne supremacy. I felt that it kept my attention throughout the entire movie, which says a lot, I have ADD. The first one though I wasn't much of a fan of, it took a couple times for me to stay awake to watch.

The movie I would have to not recommend "White Noise", I was disappointed.

I recommend Paycheck, edge of your seat sci-fi

Okay before you all collectively say "An Adam Sandler flick!!" let me just say that Adam Sandler is not my favorite actor-but he actually did okay in this movie and only did the Adam Sandler screaming thing once-and even then it didn't last very long. But I thought that this movie was going to be some bad romantic comedy--and there was a romantic aspect to the movie but it was more about assimilation and cultural and family ties-- it's not a super heavy intellectual movie but it's insightful and has a couple of funny parts.

maybe you can help me, i'm trying to remember the name of the movie released in the 80's, whos plot line revolved around an old coffee shop below several apartments which was visited by small aline space craft, which fixed all the electronic equipment?

please help trying to find this dvd for a close family friend but can't remember the name!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by keithm85
maybe you can help me, i'm trying to remember the name of the movie released in the 80's, whos plot line revolved around an old coffee shop below several apartments which was visited by small aline space craft, which fixed all the electronic equipment?

please help trying to find this dvd for a close family friend but can't remember the name!
Batteries Not Included.

i recommend the films (not in any order):
  • Thursday(1998- Skip Woods)
  • shallow grave
  • The Funnyman(1994- simon Sprackling)
  • Pink floyd - the wall
  • fear and loathing in las vegas
  • quadrophenia

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I recommend Open Your Eyes.

I do not recommend Team America: World Police, unless you find vomiting and rude words for body parts amusing. After South Park I was expecting something funnier.

THERE IS NOTHING THAT COMES UP IN MY HEAD NOW BUT THERE IS ONE MOVIE MAYBE NOT SO REALLY COOL BUT STILL NOT BAD - gossip.
anyway, it reveals the truth about how smth can be interpreted in so many ways; ppl always try to make smth more dramatical or more interesting; ppl are all the same concerning this fact.

Originally Posted by cinemaniac
it reveals the truth about how smth can be interpreted in so many ways;
Funny, I can only interpret smth as gibberish. What other ways can that be interpreted?

Your posts are hard or impossible to read. Please remember that this is a text based forum, and articulating yourself in a clear and concise fashion is recommended if you wish people to respond to your posts.

Sorry , I Was Really Not So Specific. I Mean About A Piece Of Info In This Case- Thats What I Mean By Smth. I Thought Someone Would Recognize This Movie.

Sorry , I Was Really Not So Specific. I Mean About A Piece Of Info In This Case- Thats What I Mean By Smth. I Thought Someone Would Recognize This Movie.
I will give the film a shot, if you tell me what smth means.

Thanks For Understanding Me And For Reconsidering My Message, Sedai.

What Do U Mean By That Og?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
What Do U Mean By That Og?
You have completely misread Sedai's post. He was clearly stating - in both posts, mind you - that your posts were not at all understandable and yet you thank him for understanding...

I'm not one to pick on people for being a poor master of the English language, but some degree of common sense should at least win out. Despite the glaring structural errors, your post(s) makes very little sense.

And now that I've stared at that first post for a while, I'm guessing that the movie you're refering to is Gossip and that "smth" is a needlessly dumbed down molestation of the word "something". You don't have to be a native English speaker to post here - many aren't - but at least drop the word crimes. It really isn't that much harder or slower to type a word out in full than it is to abbreviate it by removing all of the vowels in it.

You Are Guessing? I Told Very Lear The Movie' S Name, By The Way , So There Is No Need To Make Me So Illiterate And Follish. Concerning The Abbreviations I May Agree With You Here But I Just Dont See That I Lack The Ability To Express My Ideas Clearly To All ; I May Admit Though That I Wrote The First Post In Vague Way , Not Really Giving Any Specific Explanations - Thats Maybe Because I Wrote It In A Hurry.
"thanks" For Your Criticism. I Received Quite Many Life Lessons Before And Just Other Criticisms Which Were Helpful.