Pick My Lineup

Tools    

I got for good luck my black tooth.
This is the thread where you decide the lineup of my blockbuster.com queue. I'm always agonizing over what movies to put in what order so now if you want you can help. recommend a movie and I'll put it on the queue in that order, Meaning the first movie someone recommends will get the top slot. Don't hesitate to recommend movies that are well known as chances are good that I still haven't seen it yet. Go ahead! (One movie at a time please) .

Would it not be easier if you gave us a selectoin to choose from? It's pretty likely you'll have seen most posted. Anyway, Mullholland Drive.

actually it is unlikely that I will have seen most posted because I am still a new movie fan. But ok then If you like, here is a selection.

A Touch of Evil
The Fisher King
The Machinist
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Ed Wood
The Long Goodbye
The King of Comedy
Double Idemnity
Mean Streets
The Usual Suspects
Easy Rider
Made
Hidden Fortress
The Frighteners
Cool Hand Luke
M
Monty Python's the Meaning of Life
Joe Versus the Volcano
Creepshow
Carlito's Way
Papillion
Network
Heaven Can Wait
Freeze Frame
Spider
Masked and Anonymous
Waiting for Guffman
A Clockwork Orange
Magnolia
Elephant Man
The Changling
Dead End
House of the Flying Daggers
Pi
Nashville
Starman
Vampire Hunter D
The Fog
Gosford Park
Igby Goes Down
Kiss Me Deadly
The Third Man
Nosferatu: The Vampire
Three Colors Trilogy
Beyond the Sea
Dark Water

That is a sampling of my queue made up of mostly the movies that caught my eye as I scrolled down. Does that help Pyro?

Cité des enfants perdus, La (1995)

Dark City (1998)

for starters

That list you have there...are those films that you haven't actually ordered yet?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

well I have them on the queue but not in that order, I just pulled out the ones (out of over 400) that caught my eye as ones I particularly wanted to see right now, and I can never decide what order I want them in so I thought you guys could help . Join in if you want Slay, thanks to those of you who have made recommendations and feel free to add movies to the list 7th son did (even though those are already in my queue).

Okay. I didn't know how it worked. You just want one, eh? Well, I recently had a very good time watching…

Angels Over Broadway

…I hope you give it a go. It’s a really fun film that might open your eyes a bit more to the charms of the first great generation of talkies.

Two great concert films and a spaghetti western:
Woodstock
Stop Making Sense
Once Upon A Time In The West (put this higher than the other two)

I think I will take these more as suggestions, rather than follow my original premise, because I don't like the idea of not having control over my queue. Right now the top five looks like this:
1. Rope
2. Mean Streets
3. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
4. A Fistfull of Dollars
5. Spiderman 2

Can we try with real bullets now?
I love Scorsese, but Hitchcock's Rope is much better than Mean Streets. It also has James Stewart and who can say no to James Stewart?
BTW have you seen City of God? If you haven't I suggest you put that on your Blockbuster wish list

I just noticed you posted that list a week ago, you've probably seen them all by now! Oh well, go check out City of God

Originally Posted by Misirlou
I love Scorsese, but Hitchcock's Rope is much better than Mean Streets.
Er, no it isn't.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Can we try with real bullets now?
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Er, no it isn't.
Maybe I should watch it again. Come to think of it I thought that brawl in the pool hall was great