The First Contest Thread!

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm sticking with 190...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Ok, time to heat things up: the contest will be ending soon. Here are some hints.
  • The number is over 200.
  • The highest day ever came in October of this year.
  • At least one person is less than 20 posts away.
  • The majority of you are guessing a bit too low.
Ok, now, can everyone send me a message with their final, post-hint guesses?

Now With Moveable Parts

Gotta send it to me in a message, Sades. I figure that's the best way to handle final guesses. Those who don't check back in this thread...well, I guess I'll just check some of their posts. and grab the last guess. Having the messages, though, makes it much easier to keep track.

Now With Moveable Parts
*sigh* Fine.*goes back to her message page where she JUST was* Agh.

"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

O.K. I'm going with 247

Hey, TWT! When are you gonna post who won?

Right now.

The winner is...

SADES! Congratulations, Sades. Her guess: 340. Actual record: 339 (we had 339 posts on October 24th, 2001...the site's most prolific posting day...ever). Timing came in second...he guessed 341, trying to out-do the competition one too many times, it seems. Anyway, Sades, send me a PM and let me know which DVD you want from Amazon. Thanks for playing everyone.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Don't believe that Sades!! I won a DVD over a year ago!! Still awaiting Chris!!!

I did get to talk to him on the phone when I won though. Anyone else done that?!!? HO YAH!

I thought it was closest without going over.

From the first page of the thread:

...and no, there's no penalty for going over...it's simply the person closest to the total.
Sorry guys...no loopholes in this one.