The best directors in Hollywood today who is your top 5?

Tools    

I learn the most from making my own mistakes
My Top 5 picks

1. David Fincher
2. Christopher Nolan
3. Quentin Tarantino
4. Martin Scorsese
5. Steven Spielberg

Welcome to the human race...
WTF!? Why is there one particular name not appearing on any of the lists here???

Funny thing, i read the same names over and over again and seriously ask myself, are they really THAT good? I mean there seem to be a certain "hype" here for directors/titles who made titles being among "the top of IMDB´s best ever"-list, but in my opinion, not only that some of those titles are more or less "overhyped" and neither as entertaining as they are having that kind of cult-value as certain other titles by other directors have.

Well, hard time for me to vote for my TOP 5 but i know who is actually THE BEST, especially when it comes to the amount of cult-classics as well as regarding the entertainment-factor of his movies.

In my opinion, the guy made a number cult-classics like no other director and while he actually produced my most favorite scifi/horror movie of all times, he as well made so many other flicks i found to be highly entertaining and seriousy, no Spielberg, no Tarantino (who is a real die-hard fan of JOHN CARPENTER) and no Scorsese made the same amount of titles, being great or having the same timeless cult-value, besides being highly entertaining.

Because the thread title specifies the best directors in Hollywood today. I love Carpenter, but he hasn't made a film in well over a decade and has no concrete plans to make another so I effectively consider him retired.

My faves:

Panos Cosmatos
Scorsesse
Johnnie To
Villeneuve
Edgar Wright

Trouble with a capital "T"
The best directors in Hollywood, today who is your top 5?

Elia Kazan
Anthony Mann
Vincent Minnelli
Douglas Sirk
Billy Wilder
William Wyler

I cheated