Questions about movies

Tools    

1. At the end of Blood Simple, what's the symbolism of the faucet dripping. A drop of blood? Also, is there any meaning to that song "Same Old Song" which they play throughout the movie, starting at the end, before the opening credits really begin?

2. In the Godfather Part II, what was Hyman Roth's motives for the hit on Michael. Michael was being tough on negotiations for Cuba, but how would him dying benefit Roth? Also, did Fredo kill the 2 hitmen who botched the attempt on Michael in his bedroom?

Ummmmmmm Errrrrrrrrrrr Holden will be along soon, He will give you all the answers you want.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010

2. In the Godfather Part II, what was Hyman Roth's motives for the hit on Michael. Michael was being tough on negotiations for Cuba, but how would him dying benefit Roth? Also, did Fredo kill the 2 hitmen who botched the attempt on Michael in his bedroom?
Going through some of these old posts.

I think Hyman Roth puts the hit on Michael because of what happens at the end of the first movie when Moe Greene is killed. It's a revenge thing if I recall. I haven't watched the movies in three years.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Semper Fooey
Also, did Fredo kill the 2 hitmen who botched the attempt on Michael in his bedroom?
Fredo kill two gunmen? You gotta be kidding.

I can't recall the exact reason Hyman Roth wanted to kill Michael, but I'm certain it wasn't directly related to Mo Green. Roth wasn't someone who killed soley for revenge. It would have to be connected to "business." It was some kind of power move.

Re: #1. The significance isn't of the faucet dripping, but of the way it looks from underneath: hopelessly complex, like the events in Blood Simple, to the point at which none of the people involved could ever hope to adequately understand them. The film is filled with misconceptions, all of them perfectly understandable given the things that are happening to each character. The piping under the sink just mirrors the complicated nature of betrayal.

Don't know if there's much meaning to the song, other than it a) sounds good there, and b) could be taken to mean that crime and betrayal always end badly.

Oo i get it now!