Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great

Tools    

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Van Helsing was awesome.

Contender
*Prepares to get bombarded with vehemous replies.*

Cabaret[i]

I didn't mind the musical numbers, but I can't say the same for the plot.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Van Helsing was awesome.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	spank.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	4263  

And this is my BOOMstick!

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike

Props for that visual.

I thought Oceans 11 was dire tripe, but people are always saying how good a movie it is. I also think the LOTR trilogy was overrated. I didn't really enjoy the first one (took too long to get into it), but the other two films were OK. Not brilliant. Same with the Matrix trilogy. Just another action film with some funky effects, that's all.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I seem to be the only person in the entire world that doesn't squeeple with delight when the words Legends of the Fall are heard.

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
I seem to be the only person in the entire world that doesn't squeeple with delight when the words Legends of the Fall are heard.
Your not alone sweetie, I am here with you

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
double that...the soundtrack makes up for it...i used to turn on the movie at the end and leave the credits roll just to hear the music...

Just say 'NO' to Evercrack.
Forrest Gump was a retarted movie. haha. Get it? Retarted?

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by dante.hk
Go back to your rock.

kaz
On the Waterfront. Honestly did not work for me on the same levels as it did for numerous others...

Originally Posted by kaz
On the Waterfront. Honestly did not work for me on the same levels as it did for numerous others...
I agree, but the taxicab scene is great.

Honestly it's hard for me to really get into a lot of older movies for some reason.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
I agree, but the taxicab scene is great.

Honestly it's hard for me to really get into a lot of older movies for some reason.
I find that so sad. My husband is the same way. If it's black and white, he won't even bother with it. He knows that some of my most cherished movies are old and still, he just gets bored with them.

I'm convinced that younger people would find today's movies so much less appealing if they would take the time to watch more older titles. The acting was a refined craft. Actors didn't depend on the special effects to tell the story. The lighting played a huge part in the setting the mood...I dunno. It's just sad.

kaz
Originally Posted by 2wrongs
I find that so sad. My husband is the same way. If it's black and white, he won't even bother with it. He knows that some of my most cherished movies are old and still, he just gets bored with them.

I'm convinced that younger people would find today's movies so much less appealing if they would take the time to watch more older titles. The acting was a refined craft. Actors didn't depend on the special effects to tell the story. The lighting played a huge part in the setting the mood...I dunno. It's just sad.
I love older movies, because there was more of a craft to them. As you said. Rear Window is and always will be my favorite film of all time. Some, that many feel are classics, I feel just do not stand that test of time.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Hate:

Donnie Darko
Requiem for a Dream
Every Tarantino flick

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by dante.hk
That joke was so Rain Man of ya! "Got fingerprints on my window Danny!"

Originally Posted by 2wrongs

You could always get a huge black and white TV...everyone's happy.

I'm going to hear it about this one. Be nice to me!

You ready? You look ready.
Scary Movie 1,2, and 3. Not Another Teen Movie
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Just say 'NO' to Evercrack.
Every Alien movie except for Alien.