Movies I really dislike that most people love

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
And apparently he wanted Han to be killed off in Return of the Jedi so he'd already tried. [/i].
Yeah I heard that as well.

...And I'm not talking about my platform pacifically but all platforms like these. And the more there are the better chance it will reach directors and might influence their decisions somewhat even if it's just to a very small degree...
Dani is right...No thread here is going to influence a big name director. The best thing for your thread is for us MoFos to discuss the movies. You can forget about influencing JJ Abrams.

My pleasure. It's an interesting topic and I like discussing it. You're the one who continues getting upset for some unknown reason.
Thanks again you now have got me to 80 comments

Dani is right...No thread here is going to influence a big name director. The best thing for your thread is for us MoFos to discuss the movies. You can forget about influencing JJ Abrams.
I dont know why he's taking such issue with it. Maybe he can go qnd knock on the guy's door and ask for a sit down.

Again I'm not talking about my Thread in particular but all platforms of social media. And who knows maybe one of you on these forums might become a small-time director one-day. So allow me to Welcome you too the 21st-century where anyone could read anything at any time.

of course there is practically no chance but JJ Abrams will ever read something that comes from my mouth and I doubt this Thread would cause any kind of snowball affect but as quoted by David in Prometheus Big things have small beginnings

Welcome to the human race...
It's not about just Ray being in an unlikable and undeveloped character it's about the movie as a whole and it's incontinuities. and if you really think this thread is overrated maybe it's not the best idea to participate in it The Future of the Star Wars universe is important to me so I like to think platforms like these have the potential to guide future directors not to make the same mistakes. After all if it weren't for platforms like these jar Jar Binks would've had a central role in attack of the clones and revenge of the Sith. But unfortunately now we are dealing with Ja Ja Abrahams
I mean overrated as in a thread about movies that are overrated, not that the thread itself is overrated.

In any case, consider this: Star Wars fans using such platforms to vocally complain about the ways in which the prequels differed from the original trilogy is how we ended up with something as "carbon copy" as The Force Awakens in the first place - because they didn't want to upset fans by deviating too much from what fans had liked about the originals (to the point where the ways in which it does differ are apparently still a problem). The prequels got sh*t for being too different and Force Awakens got sh*t for being too same-y, so maybe Star Wars fans (or at least a certain contingent of them) just can't be pleased. Like I said, people have been making these complaints for about two years now and the next installment comes out in two weeks anyway, so it just seems extra pointless to talk about "guiding future directors" at this point in time.

Oh god two weeks time. I keep forgetting its already december!

I think disney just made a wild push for the equality biz and it all came out ham fisted. Abrams wasnt the only one who wrote it anyway.

I'm not even a fan of the movie and cant say I'min abrams fandom anyway. Nothing even jumps out at me at his filmography as writer. As far as I'm concerned the movie was terrible and the $ juggrnaut has been terrible since halfway through RotJ. For some sstrange reason I just feel obligated to keep watching it because I've been there from the year dot.

This might just do nobody any good.

"Rey, I am your father’s brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.!"
ftfy

Bold and the Beautiful in the sky?

I mean overrated as in a thread about movies that are overrated, not that the thread itself is overrated.

In any case, consider this: Star Wars fans using such platforms to vocally complain about the ways in which the prequels differed from the original trilogy is how we ended up with something as "carbon copy" as The Force Awakens in the first place - because they didn't want to upset fans by deviating too much from what fans had liked about the originals (to the point where the ways in which it does differ are apparently still a problem). The prequels got sh*t for being too different and Force Awakens got sh*t for being too same-y, so maybe Star Wars fans (or at least a certain contingent of them) just can't be pleased. Like I said, people have been making these complaints for about two years now and the next installment comes out in two weeks anyway, so it just seems extra pointless to talk about "guiding future directors" at this point in time.
Ok I get you now and to be honest I grew up on the prequels I equally liked and disliked the Phantom Menace I didn't like the clone wars but I absolutely love the revenge of the Sith and I don't get why so many fans jump on that movie yes it had Connie dialogue but it was epic and the light sabre battles was a work of art.

But I mainly think Ewan McGregor made those movies very memorable with his amazing betrayal of Obi-Wan. Call me crazy but I even slightly prefer it to Alec McGuinness obi-Wan. Especially the line where Ewan says you where my brother Anakin Deep stuff and one of the most emotional scenes I've ever seen in Star Wars

I said it in the past when it comes to force awakens I think of JJ Abrams as more of a producer then a director he's very good at getting people to buy the merchandise that goes along with the film and getting people in the seats. It's like his mystery box presentation he said it's more important about the mystery surrounding the box than what is actually inside of it. It's like his hit TV show lost there is a lot of mystery built-up about the island but when those mysteries reveal themselves they are weak. He's a man of great build ups and Poor executions.

And i usually speak about something when I'm inspired too do so and yes my Thread is nothing new. But there's always the chance of someone Reading this who is new to Star Wars and I'll be pleased to let them know what to expect from the force awakens.

And about guiding the hands of future directors. any future director of the Star Wars films is bound to be see peoples opinions on tweets and social media of course a lot of it is garbage but in any circulation of ideas and debates some inspiration can be drawn from it even if it's just two very minor degree.

But I believe you can only be original ones and people should let the original movies remain in their glory and not trying to recapture that glory especially in a cheap fashion like the force awakens did.

I thought McGregor and Neeson were appalling in it and to be frank, so bad it turned me off them, but as you said in your opening post

"But hey each to their own opinion"

This might just do nobody any good.
I just realized that joke I made could imply that Rey’s dad is... Biggs?

I thought McGregor and Neeson were appalling in it and to be frank, so bad it turned me off them, but as you said in your opening post

"But hey each to their own opinion"
Like a samurai warrior a Jedi Knights composure demands him to be very subtle. almost emotionless if you like but underneath there is a reservoir of emotion. Ewan doesn't particularly shine with the little screen time he had in the Phantom Menace but in revenge of the Sith he was everything Obi-Wan should be and so much more. I can't say the same for Hayden Kristiansen but oh well no film is perfect. And as for Liam Neeson I liked his stern portrayal of quite gone Jin as I think he's a fine actor especially in films like the grey and gangs of New York. And don't worry I respect your opinion and I will try my best not to pick your opinion apart and verbally wreck it. But hey I'm a nice guy surely I wouldn't do such a thing

Like a samurai warrior a Jedi Knights composure demands him to be very subtle. almost emotionless if you like but underneath there is a reservoir of emotion. Ewan doesn't particularly shine with the little screen time he had in the Phantom Menace but in revenge of the Sith he was everything Obi-Wan should be and so much more. I can't say the same for Hayden Kristiansen but oh well no film is perfect. And as for Liam Neeson I liked his stern portrayal of quite gone Jin as I think he's a fine actor especially in films like the grey and gangs of New York. And don't worry I respect your opinion and I will try my best not to pick your opinion apart and verbally wreck it. But hey I'm a nice guy surely I wouldn't do such a thing
Doesnt worry me, Bunker. But why would you pick someone's opinion apart and 'wreck'it? All I did was give my opinion.

Deadpool

I found the movie to be very immature With a lot of fart joke kind of humour. "I never say this but don't swallow" is mainly something a 14-year-old would laugh at. A Critic once wrote that watching Deadpool is like watching an immature teenager at a dinner table who thinks if he swears long and loudly enough he will get the respect and acceptance of the adults.

I agree with you friend.

Doesnt worry me, Bunker. But why would you pick someone's opinion apart and 'wreck'it? All I did was give my opinion.
When you have the verbal capabilitie to destroy someone's opinion it can be tempting at times. Especially when someone's opinions are somewhat misguided. But hey each to there own opinion I guess

And if you confused maybe you should ask Dr Know there's nothing he don't

And if you confused maybe you should ask Dr Know there's nothing he don't
OK, whatever I'm agreeing to.

OK, whatever I'm agreeing to.

Book an appointment with this guy he will show you what is what. And transform your misguided film opinions

Deadpool ------- Bad

Ewan McGregor --- Good