The Adeventures Of Monk-Man

Tools    

Monk-Man is still away and The Wolf has settled in for a time as my current Avatar, so just for fun here's the story of Monk-Man's travels. Its complete fun so I'm not going nutso on gramma and such. Going to be a few guest appearances.

The Adventures Of Monk-Man

'To know what you are is one thing, to know who you are is the truth of the matter' -- Monk-Man
Monk-Man wished to find himself, to travel on a journey of self discovery. Mofo was his home and happy as he was to meditate there it was time for him to traverse the scope of the world, to know who he was, or as near to as he could hope to be.

For a while he absconded to a secluded cave atop the mighty Zshen Pao Mountain. Here he meditated and lived in perfect harmony with nature, living on the flora that grew about his nature temple. Regardless of the months he levitated in mastered prayer, no answer of his identity was forth coming.

It was time to move on and experience life. Perhaps walking amongst the world would help him find himself.
Monk-Man considered Hollywood, home of the belle's and beau's of film. A glittering promenade of the rich and famous. He dismissed it for the moment. Its beguiling charm appealed, and the throngs of magnificent and down-trodden people would surely inspire his own image but its seedy under-belly was too much after his glorious privilage of seclusion and undisturbed lack of human contact. It was one extreme to the other. He would surely go mad at such a sudden transition.

The land of film was still his ideal place for understanding though, perhaps the land of reality was too great a change but perhaps instead the wonderous world within film could help him on his way to the truth.

For a week he pondered in meditation, pondered on his journey's path. A light opened up in the dark and the realm that was 'The Lord Of The Rings' widened its doors for him to pass.

He looked through eyes hidden beneath his flowing cloak and saw potential in the world of Hobbits. One being stood out amongst the others, a being that shared some of Monk-Man's own imaginings. He entered the realm and stood before this being.

No words were spoke, but facial expressions spoke volumes. Monk-Man was still hidden by his coverings, his thoughts and emotions veiled, the other being creased his forehead in confusion at the interloper that was Monk-Man.

Monk-Man bowed to the other, known by many as Gandalf, or Ian Mackellen if some people want to be picky.

Gandalf only looked more confused, then that gave way to annoyance.

'By 'eck' Gandalf said.

'Do you quite understand where you are? This is The Lord Of The Rings, written by J.R.Tolkien and directed by Peter Jackson. I have scene's to practice for, unless your a fan who just's wants an autograph I must insist you leave. There is only enough room for one good wizard type, and that's me. Gandalf the grey......no White........your making me forget my lines, get lost.'

Monk-Man was shocked at the rude behaviour, he wondered if he was to learn anything here. His chi was upset immensely.

'I wish to discover my inner being, I was hoping that a man of similar cloth would help me find it. Unfortunately I have incorrectly guessed such a fine man would be able to help me.'

Gandalf raised his staff menacingly.

'I want you out, you wish to learn something, why don't we bring it on. That way we get to cover both of them.'

Monk-Man considered this carefully. A lesson was a lesson. He nodded.

Gandalf shot a beam of light from his staff and before Monk-Man could act he was a smoking mass of cloth on the floor.

Gandalf blew on the end of his staff with a smug grin on his face.

'Lesson learnt I believe.'

Strangely enough Monk-Man felt he had indeed learnt a valuable lesson and something about himself also. Never interrupt a wizard learning lines and that he was over-presumptious.

'Thank you' He said bowing reverently. 'You are a great teacher. I must depart now, I have other wonders to see and experience, I am on a tour.'

Gandalf looked down on his sheets of scripts, five inches thick and he was only half way. He looked at the interloper, looked down on the paper pile in his hand and shrugged.

From his staff another ball of light emerged and those heavy duty scripts went up in a ball of flame.

'Scripts be damned. I will come with you, I feel like a change of movie. How about a road movie?'

Monk-Man nodded in agreement. This wizard had taught him a lot in those few brief moments, perhaps he had more to learn.

The two travellers were unaware of a pair of eyes looking at them through a mass of greenery, looking hungrily.

'Precioussssss' It gurgled, then creeped after the two cloaked figures as they moved on.

A system of cells interlinked
When is the next chapter coming?

.......someday...... ......soon.....

Better add a disclaimer. It's getting a bit surreal now.

Disclaimer: I own no-one. I only wrote it.

The Adventures of Monk-Man (part 2)

To awaken is to close your eyes -- Monk-Man

Monk-Man and Gandalf found themselves in a land of oriental origin. The dusky sky was bleached full with heavy droplets that fell pell mell upon them and splattered about the ground.

Gandalf produced from his folds a plastic hood and after shaking his head of water much like a dog he then covered his mass of white hair and flowing beard with it. Monk-Man however simply chose to ignore the rain altogether.

As they were getting their bearings a young boy of no more then seven came trundling around the corner with a large umbrella protecting him from the worst of the weather. As he got to the pair he stopped and looked up at the clothed figures. His eyes bulged behind flapping locks of black fringe.

'You need to see mother and father', he said endearingly, 'they have something for you to watch'.

Without waiting for the pair, he moved on. Gandalf gave Monk-Man a surly look, grumbling under his breath about neglect then moved to follow the boy. Monk-Man sensing another reveletion gently glided behind.

Inside the Japanese hovel a man and woman waited for them. Without a word they guided their guests to a sofa conveinently placed before a large televison. The man produced a video, placing it into the video player attached to the TV, then pressed play.

'You have to watch this', he said.

'By 'eck' was Gandalf's reply, Monk-Man said nothing.

The next they knew, the man, woman and child had magically appeared with suitcases each. They bowed to the seated robed beings then scrambled out of the house, leaving the door flapping open, with ne're a goodbye.

Suddenly the television scrambled to life and a picture of a cloudy sky and a pin-holed moon came on.

As they watched in fascination a third figure creeped into the room and hid behind the sofa, leaving a trail of scabby skin and saliva behind it.

'Precioussssss', it whispered.

Confusing images flicked through the screen until a lonely image of a well was the focus. The figure behind the sofa perked up.

A raven-haired girl in white clambered out of the well, her sudden arise setting Gandalf's hand to his staff. Monk-Man thought he heared someone whisper, 'mommy'.

From out of nowhere a horrid little gnome appeared, diving into the screen. Gandalf arose in shock.

'Gollum, fool of a smeagol, that's not mount doom, you little aggravating speck.'

Gollum paid no head instead shoving the poor, spooky dead girl away and out of the TV and he, himself dived into the well screaming the word 'Preciousssssss' as he fell.

The dead girl, Sadako looked to the two men and shrugged her bone crunching shoulders. Gandalf slapped his forehead.

'I had better rescue Smeagol before he ruins my career with this stupidity. By 'eck and begorra. I guess you better go it alone now Monk-Man, Smeagol is going to need a good telling off if his limbs are still all in one piece.'

Now Monk-Man was alone with the dead girl who looked at him baifully with one uncovered eye.

'You would be surprised by the amount of times something like this has happened. Everytime I go back, there's another person there, it's getting rather crowded. Damn that family, they do this all the time. Invite someone over to watch then high-tail it. They're stupid, can't help but watch the tape over and over, that's why they get others to watch it. That little brat's the worst though. Mother's fault leaving him unattended day in day out. Neglect, that is.'

Monk-Man discovered a new lesson. Curiousity was a common act of humans and he too was folly to it. Also, you couldn't always get the character out of character or the script's direction.

Monk-Man looked from beneath his cowl, eyeball to eyeball with Sadako. Sadako was going to win hands down if he kept it up, instead he plyed an opportunity to the dead girl.

'I am on a tour of self-discovery, care to join me and leave your crowded abode to see the sights?'

Her bulging eye blinked. Monk-Man took that as a yes. He grabbed her nail torn hand and they both walked out. Behind them the cries of Gandalf and Gollum.

'This is not the set for Lord Of The Rings.'

'...but my preciousssssss.....'

'Is not here, Smeagol....'

'...but...'

'NO!'

'Dirty, fat, Hobbitsess.'

'sigh' I am the wizard Gandalf, GANDALF! WIZARD! No Hobbits here. They're all on a pub crawl at the moment. '
- - - -

'Smeagol hates you........'

I am having a nervous breakdance
HAIL MONK-MAN!!!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Adventures Of Monk-Man part 3

To sense the world is to feel it. To feel the world is to hold it. To hold the world is a burden. -- Monk-Man

Monk-Man with his newly aquired travelling partner was lost for a time in the inbetween reels of film. A dark place where no cinematic beauty prevailed, nor the light of camera's or starlets shone. Sadako was perfectly at home, this dank nowhere was perfect for her.

Monk-Man was a visual creature, it froze his heart and chilled his bones. From this anti-decadent palace of a featureless void he saw nothing until a light shone.

The next either knew they were in a spaceship. Future-like and spartan. From one cold corner a glaring non-biological eye stared and stared and stared. Then from the echoeing corridors a voice arose.

'Dave. There are people Dave. Help me Dave. Where are you Dave? Dave!'

The stylish disembodied voice would have scared any normal person but for a dead person and a stoic, emotionally controlled monk it was nothing.

Sadako approached the glowing eye and returned its stare. The voice returned, more nervous then previous.

'Dave? There's a strange woman looking at me Dave. Help me Dave. My mind is going. Daisy, daisy give me your answer do, I'm half craz........ I've gone crazy. Dave? I don't like this. The strange woman is making my eye burn. Dave? It burns Dave. It burns! It burns!'

Monk-Man made to rescue the ship's computer from the terror of Sadako's death inducing stare. He did not fear her for he was sure of his mentality and protection against her. However before he could pull the young dead girl away, a man in a spacesuit arrived. The sound of heavy breathing from his helmet bouncing concillitory down the long barren hall-way.

A relieved sigh spouted from one of the invisible speakers from which the voice of the computer hailed.

In sequence with that sigh the astronaught removed his helmet and what was present beneath its exterior made both Monk-Man and Sadako jerk.

The computer uttered a desolute, whispered word.'Dave?'

It knew instinctively that this was not the case.

For a moment all were stunned to silence then all of a sudden Sadako lurched forward and bulged her eye obscenely at the new-comer.

CGI fat lips and overly long ears wrinkled in fear.

A fake and annoying voice illicted somehow from those lips in terror. 'Mansta. Ge' aw'y from Jar Jar'.

Jar Jar's CGI began to loose its construct, his image falling apart to make the gross creature even more deformed. In absolute terror of its life, Jar Jar Binks turned to make a run for it. Sadako loping behind.

The next Monk-Man knew both had gone. He wondered if he had learnt a lesson here. It was hard to come up with anything viable. All he knew for certain was Jar Jar Binks was a useless plot device and Sadako had a tendancy to make people and things disolve simply by glaring. He looked at the unblinking eye that looked back at him from which the disembodied voice originated from. A computer, he thought, was apt to know some useful things.

'I am Monk-Man. I wish to find my inner self and as you are a highly evolved piece of art machinary with a level of intelligence perhaps you can aid me?'

The unblinking red eye gazed serenly back for a moment.

'I am Hal. I am the super computer for this spaceship. I do not see the logic in helping you. You are an invader. The mission must be carried out.'

' I am sorry to interrupt your mission.'

Monk-Man was at a loss. The super computer had no intention of helping him. Perhaps it was time to leave? Amazingly the computer picked up on that thought and offered him a solution.

'I can't find Dave. He went away into the obelisk. Go and find him and I may be prepared to help you.'

Monk-Man did not need time to debate his options. He was willing to help if he was asked. Something else he learnt about himself. He was a willing aid to any who asked it of him.

'I agree. I shall leave at once.'

Hal, the computer said nothing.

Monk-Man with some trouble got a spacesuit on, its texture and wearing unfamiliar and stiffling on Monk-Man. He was then out into the wide openess of space and on his way to the obelisk.

When he arrived Monk-Man put his hand upon it and found himself.......elsewhere.

I managed to bust my head through the Writer's Block wall for this.
Deleted it twice to find a plot I could actually write enough of to fill a chapter without being stuck half-way through.

The Adventures of Monk-Man Part 4

A loss is a gain, a gain is a loss. Possession is immaterial, nothing is certifiable. -- Monk-Man

Monk-Man looked about himself and wondered where he could be. The place was clean, and very white. Aisles of wondrous goods trailed down the large hallway he found himself in. In one area near a large set of sliding glass doors was a photo-booth to develop photographs. Standing behind the presteen counter was an aging man with minimal hair atop his head and glasses that kept threatening to slip from his nose. Monk-Man in his very aware darkened cloth to the sparsity of the area around him watched silently as the balding man put two fingers to the bridge of his nose and unconsciously tipped the glasses back into place.

His actions and demeanor interested Monk-Man. He was unalike the other people milling about the spartan area. Monk-Man approached him. The man smiled but his eyes behind his glass rims were indifferent.

'May I help you sir?' The man asked politely.

Monk-Man considered his answer.

' I wish to know myself. Perhaps to know myself it would be wise to know of others. Yes indeed, you may help me. Please tell me about yourself. So as I can gain greater understanding of place within and without. I am also looking for a man named Dave, have you seen him?'

The balding man, known by his friends as Sy the Photo-guy looked mildly perplexed at being asked about himself, but only mildly.

'Do you have a family?' He asked.

' I happen to notice that you do not wear a ring, although I cannot see your hand to tell.'

'My family is in the world known as Mofo.' Monk-Man replied. He wondered if he had asked his questions right. Monk-Man was sure he had not asked to be asked of himself. Although in some way it seemed like he had asked in some way.

'Please tell me about you. Do you have family?'

Photo-Guy paused and frowned.

'Do you have any pictures you wish processed?'

Monk-Man shook his head in the negative, a hard sign to see under his heavy cowl.

'That's terrible everyone should have pictures to enjoy. To witness a moments act forever transcribed in glossy 4x4. I have a camera right here allow me to take your picture.'

'No thank you.' Monk-Man replied. It was obvious the man before him was not dealing with a full deck.

'Perhaps another time.'

Monk-man then chose to leave, bidding Sy a fond farewell. He quickly made his exit. Sy the Photo-Guy was not happy. No-one should go without having at least one picture taken. He grabbed a brand new camera from the display beside him and ran after Monk-Man.

Monk-Man heard rushing footsteps behind him and turned. Psy was fast approaching him with a manic gleam to his face and flexing in his hand the camera he had just unwrapped. Monk-Man who was not prone to panic, panicked.

Into the aisles he dashed, with Psycho-Sy the Photo-Guy right behind him veering behind his every move. On the shelves Chucky laughed, the toy soldiers egged Sy on, Buzz and Woody were arguing about who was the fastest and the My Little Ponies were skipping and dancing across the shelf tops in mimic of the chase below. It was a gala event.

Monk-Man breathed heavily as he hid behind a large collection of toilet rolls, the super-soft kind. Not only was he still unsure of his inner self, he was also unable to find the missing man known as Dave and was now being chased by an obsessive psychotic with a desperate need to ensure everyone had a little picture of themselves to keep in their wallets as a souvenir. To say Monk-Man was miffed would be an understatement. Monk-Man never did like having his picture taken.

Suddenly a voice called out to him, one that was not rampaging Photo-Guy. Monk-Man looked about him and noticed an impassive man standing ten feet away, and wearing a spacesuit with a helmet tucked under one arm.

Monk-Man cautiously took a look around and saw no-one else. He walked calmly to the other man.

'Me, Dave. Me know you looking for me. Me, Dave show you way out of here. Follow Dave.'

Monk-Man did not hesitate to follow. They walked out of the store and into the car-park where an obelisk stood tall and ebony black.

'This, portal. This take Monk-Man around film world. Dave knows, Dave been.'

'Thank you. A computer named Hal has been looking for you. He said he would assist in my journey of self discovery if I found him for you.'

'Dave knows. Dave also knows Hal only knows the full lyrics to 'Daisy, Daisy', and not much else. Dave says, follow obelisk and learn from it. Dave knows it take Monk-Man to where he needs to go.'

Monk-Man bowed in thanks to the suited man but when he looked up, Dave was gone. He was sure another lesson had been learnt. That he should not seek for answers, that they would come to him when the need arises. It was a useful lesson and Monk-Man was pleased.
Without thought of deed or act Monk-Man walked through the Obelisk.