The Walking Dead: Season 7

Tools    

As much as I like it, 5 minutes of show and then 6 minutes of commercials, interspersed with every kind of hype, cheesy spinoff and marketing garbage just turned me off
42 minutes of show, 18 minutes of commercials. Same as every other cable network show.

Best damn season finale since Game Of Thrones, more than a year ago.

Dont want to say anymore quite yet to make sure everyones seen it, and not to spoil any of it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Best damn season finale since Game Of Thrones, more than a year ago.

Dont want to say anymore quite yet to make sure everyones seen it, and not to spoil any of it.
Really? The only thing that surprised me this finale was the betrayal, the rest was very ho-hum and predictable.

I'm glad that all the bowing down BS is over though, let's get on with this so-called war that people have been begging for.

Suspect's Reviews

I've never been soo "whatever" about a season finale.

Does anyone else feel like that civilization hasn't collapsed long enough for the garbage people to be as ****ing weird as they are?

Aside from Negan, this whole season was a big let down for me.

Meh. I dont know what you all were hoping for, and dont understand how many are becoming disillusioned with the series entire. IMO the show has done a great job, and its still one of my mainstay shows to watch. It has gotten more merciless as times gone on, so there really is no niche its fallen into.

The only thing I could think of that would put a kickstart into TWD is if people that died now, became fast moving zombies, like the Zack Snyders Dawn Of The Dead variety. That would get their attention.

I've never been soo "whatever" about a season finale.

Does anyone else feel like that civilization hasn't collapsed long enough for the garbage people to be as ****ing weird as they are?

Aside from Negan, this whole season was a big let down for me.
and even negan can get worn out at times, though he is funny and evil

Meh. I dont know what you all were hoping for, and dont understand how many are becoming disillusioned with the series entire. IMO the show has done a great job, and its still one of my mainstay shows to watch. It has gotten more merciless as times gone on, so there really is no niche its fallen into.

The only thing I could think of that would put a kickstart into TWD is if people that died now, became fast moving zombies, like the Zack Snyders Dawn Of The Dead variety. That would get their attention.
I think the show is starting to lack excitement, and has become a tad predictable. Negan was the shot in the arm the show needed, but even that's become stale at some parts.

lol, not that I'm a fan of fast moving zombies, but I would love to see the show do that just to see the schism that would happen with the fanbase.

If you're not familiar with Evan Dorkin's The Eltingville Club strips, this one tackles the slow moving zombie purist vs. the modern fast moving zombie fan incredibly.

Really? The only thing that surprised me this finale was the betrayal, the rest was very ho-hum and predictable.

I'm glad that all the bowing down BS is over though, let's get on with this so-called war that people have been begging for.
Wait. What? I intentionally haven't watched this second half of the season because I was losing interest in this really boring drug out new Guv'ner story line and they haven't even started fighting yet? I said it after season 6. They should have stopped there and focused on the new series. Not sure I'm even going to bother catching up.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Wait. What? I intentionally haven't watched this second half of the season because I was losing interest in this really boring drug out new Guv'ner story line and they haven't even started fighting yet? I said it after season 6. They should have stopped there and focused on the new series. Not sure I'm even going to bother catching up.
They had a small shootout. That's it.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I was amazed by the fighting scene at the end. Everybody standing out in the open guns blazing and only the bad people get hit. They need to do a little better on the crowd scenes. It looks like me and my buddies when we were 8 running around playing war. On top of that, 20 people with long guns shooting a transport truck with the windows down . I will never be the most observant person, but some of that stuff was scene breaking.

I didn't see the garbage people on that angle, but their scenes always had a twinge of uncertainty painted in to them.

I wonder how much this finale was in a response to last year. Very neat and tidy with a clear direction of what is going to happen.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Season not worth the paper it was written on. It was about 10 episodes too long for me.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	smile.png
Views:	207
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	29703  

Chief cook and bottlewasher
I was a die-hard fan until Carol left with Morgan following along after her. My interest flagged quickly.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
My mistake was expecting to watch late night television, instead of mama's daytime stories. I get it, it's my fault.

Can't wait for season 8.

My bullet points:

The worst season by far for me. Saying that, it is still watchable and entertaining, it just lacked so much compared to other seasons.

Was it me or did anyone find the Sasha/Abraham scenes "tiring" - I guess maybe they were meant to be that way. It just did not draw any emotion from me.

I think the show suffers from too many characters - simple as that.

Carl has become a weak character imho and I used to think he was one of the strongest.

I actually liked this last episode up until the last 15 minutes or so and then it just became - meh.

WARNING: "" spoilers below
It was obvious Michonne was not dead, Is she going to have an eye patch like Carl? -- ughhhh,

I seriously thought Eugene was going to meet Lucille - not sure what his game is, but it is more than just narcissism isn't it?,

Who screamed near the end, I thought it was going to be about Judith, but ...???

Was there one "walking dead/zombie" in this episode that wasn't someone we knew as a fan of the show?

I hope this season was the calm before the storm because I am totally underwhelmed.

Still a big fan though and will watch whatever comes out - it just feels like a downward spiral - and maybe it is meant to be that way.

Originally Posted by Dani8;1668361

[B
And I cant tolerate Carol[/b]. If you love the character, that's great.
I'm glad someone else said it. I feel the tiniest bit guilty for not digging her job on the show but hey whatever. If it doesn't ring true or connect, it is what it is. They went and wrote off the best character (Abraham) imo. And they butchered his character with that trashy subplot with the 2 girls. Oy...

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm glad someone else said it. I feel the tiniest bit guilty for not digging her job on the show but hey whatever. If it doesn't ring true or connect, it is what it is. They went and wrote off the best character (Abraham) imo. And they butchered his character with that trashy subplot with the 2 girls. Oy...
I've never liked her, and I dont feel guilty about it.

What was the subplot with abe and the 2 girls, Joel? I will watch the finale but I'm passed the point of no return with checking out the rest of the season.

I've never liked her, and I dont feel guilty about it.

What was the subplot with Abe and the 2 girls, Joel? I will watch the finale but I'm passed the point of no return with checking out the rest of the season.
It already happened back in season 6, near the end. They wrote Abraham as a jerk when he ruthlessly dumped his GF in favor of another girl. Don't know their names cuz they are 2 dimensionally portrayed with a lot of bloated self important line delivery that makes me purposely tune out. But yeah, basically they "softened the blow" by writing Abraham out as an A-hole with a tedious recurring flashback sequence to add some weightiness that didn't work at all. Then they killed him with a tiny bit of dignity with his "suck my nuts" line. He was just getting juicy lines and screen time and then they wiped him out. Cut off the old nose to spite the face.