Oscar's Best Picture 2017

Tools    

Which would get your vote for Best Picture?
7.69%
3 votes
Arrival
2.56%
1 votes
Fences
7.69%
3 votes
Hacksaw Ridge
2.56%
1 votes
Hell or High Water
0%
0 votes
Hidden Figures
53.85%
21 votes
La La Land
0%
0 votes
Lion
10.26%
4 votes
Manchester by the Sea
15.38%
6 votes
Moonlight
39 votes. You may not vote on this poll

If you watch Beatty now, knowing what happened, you can see him look at the card, then look at the envelope to see if there's another one. So I don't think he messed up at all, except for maybe not waving offstage to ask why his card said "EMMA STONE."

If you watch Beatty now, knowing what happened, you can see him look at the card, then look at the envelope to see if there's another one. So I don't think he messed up at all, except for maybe not waving offstage to ask why his card said "EMMA STONE."
I can understand that. He probably just saw La La Land on the card, and probably thought "well, yeah, of course it did."

I was looking at the confused faces in the audiences and thinking - OK I'm not alone here.

Oh dear. Someone's head is gonna roll
Yeah, Beatty looked legitimately confused. Someone screwed up badly.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah, Beatty looked legitimately confused. Someone screwed up badly.
Or it was done on purpose. Yes I know I'm being cynical but if it was, that was very mean spirited, especially in the current climate. Talk about taking the wind out of the winners' sails. What a stuff up.

That was going to go down as one of the biggest Best Picture upsets ever, but now with the envelope confusion it is just plain weird and will be remembered that much longer.

Wowzers.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I can understand that. He probably just saw La La Land on the card, and probably thought "well, yeah, of course it did."
No, he said in his explanation "I opened the card, I saw it say "Emma Stone, best actress, La La Land... and I was confused, I wasn't trying to be funny.." then instead of calling someone over to bring the right envelope, he hands it to Dunaway who thought he was kidding and she read it

No, he said in his explanation "I opened the card, I saw it say "Emma Stone, best actress, La La Land... and I was confused, I wasn't trying to be funny.." then instead of calling someone over to bring the right envelope, he hands it to Dunaway who thought he was kidding and she read it
That makes sense too.

You could hear her laughing and she said "Warren your horrible" while he was looking up from the card, to the audience, back to her, then back to the card repeatedly, and I think he handed it to her to show he wasn't joking and she just read it to kill the tension cause everyone was waiting for the biggest award to be announced...

I do feel a bit bad for everyone on stage when it happened.
14 nominations, I wouldn't feel too bad for any of them. That's an accomplishment I could walk home with.

It was vengeance!
according to emma she had her card. unless she had the wrong card?