Battle of Blockbuster Movies

Tools    

Monty Python

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The Graduate
"Oh, no: it's completely baked."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
NEW RULE: if you don't know the title of the movie, you aren't allowed to vote for it. Or against it, for that matter.
OLD RULE: Poeman counts the votes and makes the rules.

I vote for The Graduation
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Dustin Hoffman will almost always get my vote. The Graduate.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
Montys the man... monty python!

"if i had the words i would say... HOLY CRAP!!"

You ain't leadin nothin but two things right now... jack and sh*t... and jack left town"

Originally Posted by Spider-Freak
Montys the man... monty python!
Monty isnt a person....im not sure if you realise this, Monty Python a comic group

Holy Grail to win, patriotism

Originally Posted by Mark
OLD RULE: Poeman counts the votes and makes the rules.
NEW RULE: Shut up.

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
Originally posted by Pyro Tramp
Monty isnt a person....im not sure if you realise this, Monty Python a comic group
Hehe yes i was aware but thanks for the heads up just in case!

Originally Posted by Spider-Freak
Hehe yes i was aware but thanks for the heads up just in case!
And Freaky-Spider, what is your favorite scene from The Graduate? Or your least-favorite scene? Or can you tell us ANY scene from The Graduate?

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
And Freaky-Spider, what is your favorite scene from The Graduate? Or your least-favorite scene? Or can you tell us ANY scene from The Graduate?
You know, I've wanted to ask so many people that question in this thread, and the "rate the movie above you" thread.

Time for a new one

NEXT BATTLE:
MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL (2 WINS)

VS.

new contender
FULL META JACKET

I am having a nervous breakdance
Full Metal Jacket

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.