HOF Organization Thread

Tools    

We all want you in. Just pop in the thread, let us know what you've already seen, try to watch at least one of them just as a start.
I've actually already watched two of these. I haven't had the spare time to review them. Have you not noticed my slooooow start in my Christmas thread? I have to finish that thread first, so it gets me first. So, that's the best I can do, and if anyone has a problem with me waiting until the first of January to get going on this, then I suppose I'll stay out. Ya still want me in?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've actually already watched two of these. I haven't had the spare time to review them. Have you not noticed my slooooow start in my Christmas thread? I have to finish that thread first, so it gets me first. So, that's the best I can do, and if anyone has a problem with me waiting until the first of January to get going on this, then I suppose I'll stay out. Ya still want me in?

I still want you in. I don't care if you start late, as long as you watch the movies, write your thoughts about them in the HoF thread, and finish by the deadline so you can send in a ranked list.

When I read that people were assuming that you were out, I sent you the PM so that you could confirm that you were still in. I'm not sure how it blew up into this ridiculous discussion, but that seems to be the way things work sometimes here on MoFo.

Ðèstîñy, when you get a chance, please go to the 40's HoF thread and confirm whether or not you're still in. There's a post there that says that your movie (Laura) is already out. I hope that post is wrong.

Apparently Laura is out guys. Our quest for a pure drama free HOF continues. Mofo should come with sensitivity training.

I still want you in. I don't care if you start late, as long as you watch the movies, write your thoughts about them in the HoF thread, and finish by the deadline so you can send in a ranked list.

When I read that people were assuming that you were out, I sent you the PM so that you could confirm that you were still in. I'm not sure how it blew up into this ridiculous discussion, but that seems to be the way things work sometimes here on MoFo.

Ðèstîñy, when you get a chance, please go to the 40's HoF thread and confirm whether or not you're still in. There's a post there that says that your movie (Laura) is already out. I hope that post is wrong.
Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

We're watching each other's nominations, but some of us don't want to watch yours unless we're certain that you're going to finish, and some of us don't want to watch yours at the last minute.
If we don't know until the last minute that you're finishing, that means we don't know until the last minute that we have to watch your nomination.
It was watched pretty early on by the bulk of you. For sure by the three of you that have been posting to me. So there's no reason to worry about either of those things.

I must have read too fast. I missed this next thing.

That can't be too much, and if it is, it will be too much for you to watch all of them in the last month and a half.
That's not true. I would simply do then, what I just did now, in my Christmas music thread. I'd stay up all night. I'm not going to do that now. Not when there's a possible two plus months of hopefully getting spare time. I said that I didn't have the time to watch these just yet. You posted that I claimed to be busier than everyone here, which I didn't. I have no way of knowing that. You then said that I'm no busier than any of you. If I don't know that, then neither do you.

So anyways, just let me know, like GBG did.

I never claimed that you said you were busier than everyone here, Destiny, I said that you weren't. You now say you've watched two of the movies. That's good, and if you had said that in the HoF thread, this discussion wouldn't exist.

...I'd stay up all night. I'm not going to do that now. Not when there's a possible two plus months of hopefully getting spare time...
What if you don't get some spare time? If you wait until the last minute and you don't get spare time, you won't be able to finish.

That's what happened in the Silent Hof. You had 3 months to watch only 5 movies, but didn't finish on time. The Silent Hof was even extended by one month and you still didn't finish on time. You never bothered to tell the rest of us that you couldn't finish either. So all the other members had to watch your film, and like Cricket said, an Hof is a commitment to other people...it's not just a 'fun break' as you said, it's work.

What takes the cake is you post in the Silent Hof: (posted the day after it ended)
It's a shame you [the host] didn't PM me. I would have finished up. I saw Raul's post, but I suppose by the time you posted, there was too much election excitement going on in life. Hopefully if this is ever done again, more people will join in, and maybe if it helps with the members involved, all silent movies will be allowed. Five movies isn't much of any competition. Oh well, life can get complicated, and interrupt a lot of things. It sure got in my way. Word!!!
The host is not obligated to PM you, that's an excuse, the responsibility is yours, not the host. The deadline was clearly posted and even extended. The ONLY person who is responsible for you not finishing, is you.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I think I speak for many when I say I have a pretty busy life. I don't have a lot of spare time to watch films anymore but I like being in HOFs so it is a pain when I watch something I otherwise wasn't obligated to.

What takes the cake is you post in the Silent Hof: (posted the day after it ended)

The host is not obligated to PM you, that's an excuse, the responsibility is yours, not the host. The deadline was clearly posted and even extended. The ONLY person who is responsible for you not finishing, is you.
What takes the cake, is you telling me that I said she is obligated. That I used that as my excuse. I never did, and you left out my next post.

I posted in that thread that I wasn't able to finish because something awful happened in my life. That was going to end it for me, but because I noticed that it had been extended, etc . . . and asked if they wanted me to go ahead, I was going to check back. Then, the only reason I made that PM comment, was because by the time my net was back up, I forgot. It was mainly because my 1-800-comcast guy weirded me out, by letting me know that he knew exactly where I lived. That he used to live behind me, and he remembered me. I had to make sure he wasn't the one that would show up at my house the next day.

It's really easy to say "If this", or "If that" We all do it. That was a simple thought. An, "Oh pooh, I wish she had PMed me" thought . . . . and why did I have that thought . . . because sometimes we do exactly that for these things. We PM the members. So it's a natural thought, being turned into something bad. Just like Cricket up there saying that if I had simply posted about those two movies, then none of this would be happening." Yes, and since I had no idea I would be doubted like this, I didn't. Between the music and movies, I know there's been more than ten threads I've been in. It's not right doubting me over two. As far as that "disappearing" stuff Cricket brought up. Yes, I have. I disappeared when they thought I had cancer, when I spent seven days in the hospital watching my mother die, gall bladder issues, gall bladder emergency surgery, hernia surgery, severe flu bug, and my last issue, that I don't want to share. This is why I told Raul I don't know what else to do. Because I sure the hell don't want to keep reliving all this over some freaking movies.

I never claimed that you said you were busier than everyone here, Destiny, I said that you weren't.
You still make it sound like we all spend the same amount of time in life with work, play etc . . . You don't know my schedule, or all of my responsibilities. Why are you claiming to know how busy I am?

I think I speak for many when I say I have a pretty busy life. I don't have a lot of spare time to watch films anymore but I like being in HOFs so it is a pain when I watch something I otherwise wasn't obligated to.
Yep, and I think you are one of those who watched this one at the start, or close to it . . . yes? Like I said, if you all can move past those two threads, and me waiting until the start of January to do this, then I'll stay in. Do you want me to stay in, or not? Just let me know.

What takes the cake, is you telling me that I said she is obligated. That I used that as my excuse. I never did, and you left out my next post.
You are deflecting your responsibility onto other people. That's what this entire conversation the last couple days has been about, it's you telling us, why it's not your fault that you didn't finish.

Yes, you clearly blamed the host for not PMing you...
It's a shame you didn't PM me. I would have finished up...
Your meaning is very clear.

By your other post?...I suppose you mean the next post were you blame the Comcast guy for making you miss the Silent Hof?
We all can read. In fact here's a link to the page of the Silent Hof were the winner is revealed and your 3 post explaining why you couldn't finish.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...95#post1605395

Now I suppose you will try to explain all of this. Just do what other people do when they drop out of a Hof...say your sorry.

I do, but the deadline comes closer than you think.
I'm not sure what you mean.

Cricket, what about you? I know GBG does, and Clazor is still going to watch my movie, so . . . That's cool!

Anyone? Anyone?

My life, my bad situations, so yeah, I didn't finish because of my crappy life. I said so.

Look, I have said what I honestly meant there about the PM, and I know I'm not the only person on the net to either word things poorly out of frustration, or to be taken the wrong way . . . I am moving on from this.

You are deflecting your responsibility onto other people.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
I want you to continue, Des. The more the merrier.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Cricket, what about you? I know GBG does, and Clazor is still going to watch my movie, so . . . That's cool!

Anyone? Anyone?
I'd love for you to be in!

Why haven't u talked about the two films you've seen?
I don't understand this either. Serious question: Why January? Why wait until a month after you've watched the films to start talking about them when surely your memory of it won't be as fresh and you would've missed most of the discussions since the HOF will be winding down it being the last month and all.

I don't understand this either. Serious question: Why January? Why wait until a month after you've watched the films to start talking about them when surely your memory of it won't be as fresh and you would've missed most of the discussions since the HOF will be winding down it being the last month and all.
Oh no, what I said was that I have only watched two of them. I own those two. I didn't say anything, because I didn't know there'd be a problem. I can't afford to buy the rest of those movies until the new year, and since I'm busy with the Christmas thread anyways, to me it sort of worked out nicely. No money and no time until the new year. (Cricket and I discussed these movies last night in PM, but I can't remember what the hell we said!)

Clazor, GBG, Cricket, Raul, Camo, and anyone else who's interested . . . What I will do, (Knocks on wood!) is share my feelings on those two films. At some point in December, I will do those two films, but the rest HAVE to wait until the new year.