The Walking Dead: Season 7

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I am getting frustratingly annoyed with the show now. I hope this bending over backwards for Neegan and his bat don't take up the whole season. I cannot believe they gave up their weapons. How hard is it to shoot the guy immediately, then have his goons scatter around like idiots.

I thought maybe they had guns in the grave, but who knows. Doesn't seem like it. Rick needs his balls back. Unite the communities against him and move on.

Uggh......

Suspect's Reviews

I am getting frustratingly annoyed with the show now. I hope this bending over backwards for Neegan and his bat don't take up the whole season. I cannot believe they gave up their weapons. How hard is it to shoot the guy immediately, then have his goons scatter around like idiots.

I thought maybe they had guns in the grave, but who knows. Doesn't seem like it. Rick needs his balls back. Unite the communities against him and move on.

Uggh......
Then you don't have a show.

I thought they were going to take Michonne's sword. (Why'd they let her keep it?)

Everyone was waiting for Rick to wail on Negan with the bat when he had the chance - of course that probably would've resulted in Negan's men opening fire on everyone in Alexandria. But - as with all dictator regimes - eventually Rick's people will find dissenters who also want Negan taken out.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I personally feel this has been quite a strong opening to the season, enjoyed every episode.

Rick can't unite groups that he is unaware of to fight the saviours, ie the kingdom and whoever else. The previous episode gave us a strong indication that Negans downfall will come from within.

Why oh why would they keep a written inventory of their armoury, doh!! Just bury a small Arsenal somewhere for gods sake.

Think enough time has past to post this. SPOILERS for the season 7 season premiere so if youre not up to season 7, dont watch this.

If you have Idk, this struck me funny.

I love watching reaction videos like that.
I found one with all of them. I watched a handful and the incidents that got the big reactions was when
WARNING: spoilers below
Daryl punches Negan, everyone then thinks Daryls gonna die! Of course when Glenn suddenly gets it is the biggest reaction.

Though the episode watches like a gorier version of The Hitcher, they did do a masterful directing job on it.

They've been hinting at

WARNING: "TWD Comic Spoilers" spoilers below
Rick sparing Negan after defeating him in AOW a lot lately. Morgan building the cell, Negan telling Rick he's gonna leave him alive for a few years to let him stew on it.

I'm gonna be curious of viewers who haven't read the comics reaction to this, because if they want Negan to be different from the rest of the villains in the series than they gotta stay on the path of the comics.

Uggh......
One reason....man power. This is how Negan and the Saviors have survived as long as they have. Negan has over 100 men, Without Negan running the Saviors Alexandria and other communities would be worse off. Negan represents "order" and without him the Saviors would just become a ruthless unstoppable group of pillagers. Simon would most likely take over since he's second in command and unless he has similar views to Negan (anti-rape, etc) things will become a lot worse for the Survivors. Just because Negan dies does not mean the Saviors suddenly fall apart and Rick's group automatically wins. If they killed Negan in Episode 4, the rest of the saviors that came with Negan still outnumbers Alexandria's people and would just demolish Alexandria, especially since Negan came earlier than expected and Rick's group wouldn't of been ready to retaliate even if they were planning to.

Watching last nights episode now, 10 min in and Michonne laid a mighty fine kiss on Rick. Mighty fine!

Watching last nights episode now, 10 min in and Michonne laid a mighty fine kiss on Rick. Mighty fine!
Better than Uhura's kiss on Kirk... but then Uhura was being forced to kiss the white man by the Malcosians (or some such)!

My guess is the show is going the Flash Gordon route:
Negan is Ming the Merciless and Rick will probably be Flash - by bringing all the tribes of "Mongo" together.
You've got the Hilltop, King Ezekiel's Renaissance tribe, and now the tribe of hidden Amazons. They'll all distrust each other, but just like Flash Gordon, Rick will find a way to bring them all together and unite them to combat Ming... uh, Negan.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
They've been hinting at

WARNING: "TWD Comic Spoilers" spoilers below
Rick sparing Negan after defeating him in AOW a lot lately. Morgan building the cell, Negan telling Rick he's gonna leave him alive for a few years to let him stew on it.

I'm gonna be curious of viewers who haven't read the comics reaction to this, because if they want Negan to be different from the rest of the villains in the series than they gotta stay on the path of the comics.

Uggh......
One reason....man power. This is how Negan and the Saviors have survived as long as they have. Negan has over 100 men, Without Negan running the Saviors Alexandria and other communities would be worse off. Negan represents "order" and without him the Saviors would just become a ruthless unstoppable group of pillagers. Simon would most likely take over since he's second in command and unless he has similar views to Negan (anti-rape, etc) things will become a lot worse for the Survivors. Just because Negan dies does not mean the Saviors suddenly fall apart and Rick's group automatically wins. If they killed Negan in Episode 4, the rest of the saviors that came with Negan still outnumbers Alexandria's people and would just demolish Alexandria, especially since Negan came earlier than expected and Rick's group wouldn't of been ready to retaliate even if they were planning to.
Disagree. They had the wall to protect them. Load up and pick them off. Numbers in war does not mean victory. Negan bringing order is bogus. Most people will just split off or maybe follow Rick.

The writers just want to make Negan this God like character to force feed us drama. None of it is believable.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Another episode down. Didn't realize this one was 90 minutes. Didn't also realize how little I care about this season. Any time they bring in Negan, it seems like they launch into overkill (no pun intended) with ramping up the tension as he walks around making catty remarks and swinging Lucille around. Those scenes drag on way too long. And last night they were almost the whole episode with Carl. And it felt more annoying than tense.

Sorry, AMC, you're letting this show slip into writer-chaos and I don't even care. I'm much more interested in The Kingdom and Hilltop and even Alexandria -- to see how these spots are handling their burdens, handling the fallout of what happened, etc.

Midseason finale next week. And no more new episodes of Westworld to fall back on. (sigh)

I'm about a half-episode behind. I just catch up when I have some spare time, or want to watch a little something before going to bed. That's how relatively uninterested I am.

I will say that I think Morgan is killing it at as Negan. I was psyched when I heard the casting news, and he hasn't disappointed. He's inherently interesting any time he's on screen, and if you have to do the "new Big Bad tormenting our heroes" thing, he's at least a nice little twist on it, in that he has a plausible ideology driving it all. I think the comic character, however, leaned more towards the "necessary evils" side, as opposed to the TV version, where he makes his case well enough but it's more clearly a rationalization for whatever he wants to do (though I may be misremembering the slant in the comics a bit).

Anyway, Negan's the only thing that's keeping me watching. That, and wanting to see if they end up doing something the comics did shortly after that storyline, though I imagine they're going to draw this stuff out as much as possible. Still might drop it at any point, particularly if I find another show or two I like.