Should Mel Gibson work again?

Tools    

who cares about what Gibson said lately?
I hate Samuel Jackson roles on all films. offensive and hate is his trademark. nevertheless he is very better actor than marlon wayans
mel Gibson will pass as sean connery, jack Nicholson et all

Welcome to the human race...
who cares about what Gibson said lately?
I hate Samuel Jackson roles on all films. offensive and hate is his trademark. nevertheless he is very better actor than marlon wayans
mel Gibson will pass as sean connery, jack Nicholson et all
So you can hate Jackson's roles for being "offensive and hate[ful]" (does this include Frozone from The Incredibles?) in ways that don't necessarily reflect who he is in real life, yet you don't care at all about what bad stuff Gibson has said and done in real life? I'm not sure that I follow.

sure,and i can see why people would hold that against him

but personally when its an accident i wouldnt.
unless he was drinking/doing drugs while driving.
No he was driving on the wrong side of the road in Ireland and killed a mother and daughter, even though he badly broke his leg he was more concerned with the two women and kept saying "did I hurt them" "did I hurt them"

I do not purchase mel Gibson movies because of his bad word in real life.
mr Iroquois, I pay for entertainment !

I do not care what Samuel Jackson is in real life, I do not pay to be offended and spitted by any actor regardless of his competent high status as an actor. just mention on his attitude on every dvd and blu-ray the same way every tobacco carton mention that smoking will get you cancer.

YUCK ON S. J. !!!!!!

Now you've got me intrigued as to what you consider so downright offensive about him that you can concede he's a good actor but still hate watching him.

morgan freeman can act ruder and meaner roles much better than s j
brubaker, street smart and nurse betty

besides, you sound like a very limited movie watcher

I go to see movies, never watched tv since the launching of Betamax and I know that tv watching are for cheapskates. I hate invitations to see so called great series
I even saw the simpson movie and it totally pissed me off that on the very beginning, homer insults and spitted on the payibg movie goers.
naturally, the movie was a big bore to me!

Not sure why you felt the need to be condescending about my movie-watching habits - it's not like I could help being born after Betamax stopped existing. Hell, why did you even bring that up in the first place? It has no relevance to your point whatsoever, nor does the presumptuous insult. Also, I'm not sure how "Morgan Freeman was much better in these three roles" is supposed to actually tell me what your beef is with Jackson - that doesn't get to the why of the matter.

I was born on the beatles invasion of usa and I adored watching movies by parrot, whale, walsh, Griffith, lantz, Lubitsch et all

3 movies does not mean all the roles m f did on his film career, it means that m f is a real actor from all angles because I I also do see his obscure films plus the latest ones!
ditto with s j. always mean and somber roles. did he turn down the offer to act on the film driving miss daisy?
I am ashamed deeply that you think I see only few films

What are you talking about papagallo? Please read Iros posts again you clearly aren't understanding them as you aren't addressing anything he has said at all.

I clearly never addressed mr U in the first place
I was addressed by mr U!

MR CAMO, no offense to you.
but at least I do not have on my conscience the censorship of films nor the famine death of millios Russians and much less the atrocious attack on trotski.
the stalin photo gives me the understanding about Moscow does not believe on tears

brrrrr!

Mel Gibson's upcoming movie received a ten minute standing ovation at the 73rd Venice Film Festival. He should definitely continue directing.

I said so!!
thank you mr Skyhawk77.

who cares about bad words told by m g as long as his last film work is entertaining.

I clearly never addressed mr U in the first place
I was addressed by mr U!

MR CAMO, no offense to you.
but at least I do not have on my conscience the censorship of films nor the famine death of millios Russians and much less the atrocious attack on trotski.
the stalin photo gives me the understanding about Moscow does not believe on tears

brrrrr!
This is the list you submitted to me in the Worst Movies Countdown.

casablanca
citizen kane
12 angry men
grapes of wrath
psycho and every film directed by a. hitchcock
treasure of sierra madre
maltese falcon
wizard of oz
to kill a mockinbird
brubaker
Mississippi burning
born on the fourth of july
all star wars movies
roman holiday
salo
Oedipus rex
zorba the greek
zapata
sunset boulevard
despicable me movies
all marvel movies

I can post your list because I wouldnt/wont accept it, you need to be around here more reading posts, and the next Countdown youll probably have learned to where you can make a proper list.

Standards PapaG, standards! Not criticism, theres a difference.

mr TONGO

I stick on my list of the movies I very dislike

I will see if some nerve member refutes my principles and standards of entertainment qualities

john candy does entertain me far better than orson welles and Alfred hitchcok combined in my lifetime

kudos to tinto brass for his films, mr tongo, care to see frivolous lola now?

Apocalypto begs for a sequel!
The hero and his family survived.
The bad natives still exist and the relatives of those who tried to hunt down Jaguar Paw are probably wondering what happened to their men.
The last scene showed the arrival of the Spaniards to the new world.

mr TONGO
I stick on my list of the movies I very dislike
I will see if some nerve member refutes my principles and standards of entertainment qualities
john candy does entertain me far better than orson welles and Alfred hitchcok combined in my lifetime
kudos to tinto brass for his films, mr tongo, care to see frivolous lola now?
I have to agree John Candy=more entertainment than Orson Welles. But I wonder if John could eat more peas?

I don't have a problem if you vote the classics as your worst movies. But your list has some flaws:
*psycho and every film directed by a. hitchcock
*all star wars movies
*despicable me movies
*all marvel movies
You would have to name a specific movie for each of those four entries as you only get 25 slots for your worst movies.

He needs to read more posts and learn about film. If hes decided thats as good as its gonna get for himself and his likes/dislikes then hes not taking advantage of the site itself, and all the doors of discovery that could have been open to him.

Learn. Read.

sorry, mr tongo , but I read the latest comments but not all comments!
no, I do not let close my eyes to every film suggested by movie fans regardless if I agree with its entertainment tastes or not. only I never take advices from professional and ignorant critics.

congo rules in my video collection!

do not ever think that I never saw all films of Hitchcock, welles, Truffaut, passolini, Visconti, bunuel, Polanski et all

by the way, I love to watch mgm tarzan with johnny Weissmuller. and you?
I can hear tarzan pounding his chest louder than tongo ever did himself!

...by the way, I love to watch mgm tarzan with johnny Weissmuller...
Which movie?, Weissmuller made a number of Tarzan movies, some were pretty good and some not. If you answer correctly I'll give you a shiny new rep.