The 'Flushed with success' Song Tournament

Tools    

ROUND 1 - DAY 4

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name vs. Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Darts - The Boy From New York City vs. Alice Cooper - School's Out
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge vs. Shocking Blue - Venus
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Merrilee Rush - Angel of the Morning - (alt link if needed)
Elle King - X`s & O`s vs. Elton John - Candle in the Wind 97'
Johnny Ray - Just Walkin' in the Rain vs. James Blunt - You're Beautiful
Bruce Channel - Hey Baby vs. The Tams - Hey Girl Don't Bother Me
The Jam - Town Called Malice vs. Fairground Attraction - Perfect

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name vs. Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (easy like a walk in the park)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge vs. Shocking Blue - Venus (easy like a walk in the park)
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Merrilee Rush - Angel of the Morning - (alt link if needed)
Johnny Ray - Just Walkin' in the Rain vs. James Blunt - You're Beautiful (sorry I ain't gonna vote for James Blunt)

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name
vs. Goo Goo Dolls - Iris - Shame cos Iris is a good song too

Darts - The Boy From New York City vs. Alice Cooper - School's Out - tis a weak version of School's Out but it's always nice to her live versions now and again. I don't like the Darts song, that idiot gets on my nerves too

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge vs. Shocking Blue - Venus - ages since I heard Shocking Blue and on singalongability I voted for it

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Merrilee Rush - Angel of the Morning - (alt link if needed) ugh I hate You Spin Me Round, and I can't stand Pete Burns

Elle King - X`s & O`s vs. Elton John - Candle in the Wind 97' Not mad on Candle in the Wind but didn't like the other one

Johnny Ray - Just Walkin' in the Rain vs. James Blunt - You're Beautiful - Johnny Ray was a massive star in his day and rightly so

Bruce Channel - Hey Baby vs. The Tams - Hey Girl Don't Bother Me Hey Baby is a good song, but I love Hey Girl Don't Bother Me. My dad took great delight in watching Top of the Pops now and again, taking the piss out of whoever we liked and looking back how did I defend those poor guys dressed like that? Notice the guy in the middle who doesn't kinow the dance and barely knows the words - he disappears about two thirds into the song. I wonder if he got hooked off like in Morecambe and Wise?

The Jam - Town Called Malice vs. Fairground Attraction - Perfect - Perfect is good but Town Called Malice is class

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name vs. Goo Goo Dolls - Iris - I really like both of these. I was tempted to vote against RAtM just because they had an ad before their video.

Darts - The Boy From New York City vs. Alice Cooper - School's Out - Only just. I rarely vote for live versions and this is a good example why. Had it not been that I love this song so much, I'd have gone with Darts.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge vs. Shocking Blue - Venus - This one is so easy. Anyone voting for RHCP should be ashamed of themselves.

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Merrilee Rush - Angel of the Morning - The only thing I really like about the second one is that it makes me think of Drew. Sadly, sometimes it also reminds me of Tom Green. I've nominated the other a couple of times, I think, but it's always nice to hear it.

Elle King - X`s & O`s vs. Elton John - Candle in the Wind 97' - Were this the proper version of the song, I'd have voted for it. By proper version, I don't mean the one dedicated to this blonde bint.

Johnny Ray - Just Walkin' in the Rain vs. James Blunt - You're Beautiful - Just Walkin' In The Rain is OK, but OK is more than enough to beat that hideous creature.

Bruce Channel - Hey Baby vs. The Tams - Hey Girl Don't Bother Me - This one was quite tough as I feel about the same about them.

The Jam - Town Called Malice vs. Fairground Attraction - Perfect - Now this is great. A song I'd actually vote for against most opposition.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge vs. Shocking Blue - Venus - This one is so easy. Anyone voting for RHCP should be ashamed of themselves.
you should be ashamed of YOURSELF for nominating such a perfect song for voting against it... that other song is awful

DAY 4

I was never a fan of Rage. Iris is a classic.

The Darts' song was cool, just not as cool as School's Out

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge vs. Shocking Blue - Venus
I was not aware that Venus by Bananarama is a cover. This original version is great, too, but it's going up against one of RHCP's best songs.

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Merrilee Rush - Angel of the Morning
I love 80's music, but Spin Me Round is one of the songs I do not like. I prefer Juice Newton's version of Angel, but I voted for the song anyways.

The original Candle In The Wind is much better than the '97 version. X's and O's is a great pop song.

Johnny Ray - Just Walkin' in the Rain vs. James Blunt - You're Beautiful
I liked You're Beautiful when it was first released and before it became just another overplayed song. Still, I prefer it over that other song.

Didn't care for either song, but the Tams song was a little more tolerable.

The Jams' song was slightly better than Fairground Attraction's.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 1 - DAY 4

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name vs. Goo Goo Dolls - Iris-I really loved the first when it came out, but I've grown a little tired of it. The other song is pretty good, and still fresh for me.

Darts - The Boy From New York City vs. Alice Cooper - School's Out-Huge points off for that live version, but I didn't like the first.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge vs. Shocking Blue - Venus-The first is a great song, but I got sick of it over 20 years ago. Even if it was new again, I like Venus better.

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Merrilee Rush - Angel of the Morning - (alt link if needed)-Unusual to go against my own nom twice in the same round, but this isn't close for me if I'm honest.

Elle King - X`s & O`s vs. Elton John - Candle in the Wind 97'-I liked the first; she reminded me of Amy Winehouse. I've never cared for the Elton song.

Johnny Ray - Just Walkin' in the Rain vs. James Blunt - You're Beautiful-The second song caught me off guard; I've heard it before a few times somehow, and I thought it was sung by a girl. Either way, I don't like it. The Ray song was excellent.

Bruce Channel - Hey Baby vs. The Tams - Hey Girl Don't Bother Me-I love the first song and hadn't heard it in quite a while. The second song was good too.

The Jam - Town Called Malice vs. Fairground Attraction - Perfect-Toughest match; I liked both moderately.

Day 4 winners:
Alice Cooper - School's Out
Shocking Blue - Venus
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)
Elton John - Candle in the Wind 97'
Johnny Ray - Just Walkin' in the Rain
Bruce Channel - Hey Baby
The Jam - Town Called Malice

and those that won't be heard again (for now):
Darts - The Boy From New York City
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge
Merrilee Rush - Angel of the Morning - (alt link if needed)
Elle King - X`s & O`s
James Blunt - You're Beautiful
The Tams - Hey Girl Don't Bother Me
Fairground Attraction - Perfect

This match ended in a tie so the first person to vote (that hasn't already) will decide the fate of these two songs ...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 1 - DAY 5

Coolio & L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise vs. Alphaville - Forever young

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown vs. Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth - See You Again

The Equals - Baby, Come Back vs. Loic Nottet - Rhythm Inside

Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl vs. Headless Chickens - George

Wet, Wet, Wet - Love Is All Around vs. Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water vs. The Tymes - So Much In Love

Tony Orlando and Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree vs. The Spinners - Rubberband Man

Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe vs. Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown vs. Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth - See You Again

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water vs. The Tymes - So Much In Love

Tony Orlando and Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
vs. The Spinners - Rubberband Man

Thanks BumbleBee - you're welcome to vote on the Round 1 matches from this one until Day 8 in this tournament should you wish but I won't be able to take any votes from you on subsequent rounds I'm afraid as you missed the start

ROUND 1 - DAY 5

Two good songs I've never heard before. Both of these have been added to my Spotify playlist that I listen to when I'm out and about.

Tony Orlando and Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree vs. The Spinners - Rubberband Man

This was a difficult one, 'cause I like both songs.

DAY 5

I love Forever Young, but it's going up against my nom, which is one of the greatest rap songs ever.

I never really cared for Smokey. Besides, his song is up against my nom, which is a captivating song.

First time hearing both songs. Liked them both, but I liked Rhythm Inside a little more.

First time hearing both songs. Liked the second one, and not so much the first.

I love that Wet Wet Wet song. I like Kiss Me but I'm not crazy about it.

No contest!

The Spinners just sound cooler.

Tough match! I can't help but voting for the sweet Sonny and Cher duet though. Besides, it reminds me of my favorite film Groundhog Day.

Coolio & L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise vs. Alphaville - Forever young - Gangsta's Paradise , love it

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown vs. Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth - See You Again - Tears of a Clown is a stone cold classic. It'd have to be pretty special for me to vote against that

The Equals - Baby, Come Back vs. Loic Nottet - Rhythm Inside - Freaky video on Rhythm Inside, but Baby Come Back has always been a fave

Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl vs. Headless Chickens - George Not heard George before, it's pretty good

Wet, Wet, Wet - Love Is All Around vs. Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me was never keen on the other song, and Kiss Me is quite cute

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water vs. The Tymes - So Much In Love - I liked the other song back then too, bit Bridge is a classic

Tony Orlando and Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree vs. The Spinners - Rubberband Man - Listen to that Atlantic rhythm section, just beautiful

Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe vs. Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle - two great songs but going for the one that has lots of memories

ROUND 1 - DAY 5

Coolio & L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise vs. Alphaville - Forever Young

Tony Orlando and Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak
Tree
vs. The Spinners - Rubberband Man

ROUND 1 - DAY 5

Coolio & L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown
Loic Nottet - Rhythm Inside
(Surprising myself a little by going with the Eurovision song)
Headless Chickens - George
Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me
The Tymes - So Much In Love
The Spinners - Rubberband Man
Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe
(Toughest decision of this set for me)

ROUND 1 - DAY 5

Coolio & L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise vs. Alphaville - Forever young-I don't like rap, but that first song was pretty decent. I didn't like the other.

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown vs. Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth - See You Again-The first is one of those rare songs I love more for the lyrics than for how it sounds. I can't believe the other song reached #1 somewhere.

The Equals - Baby, Come Back vs. Loic Nottet - Rhythm Inside-I've always loved that first song. The second wasn't bad.

Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl vs. Headless Chickens - George-Liked both.

Wet, Wet, Wet - Love Is All Around vs. Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me-Seriously, what the hell is that first crap? The second song was very nice.

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water vs. The Tymes - So Much In Love-Never been a fan of the first, except as a cure for insomnia. The second is quick, simple, and snappy.

Tony Orlando and Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree vs. The Spinners - Rubberband Man-Like the first, but I've always loved the second.

Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe vs. Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle-The first is one of the songs I remember my parents playing in my earliest memories. The second is great too, but less my style.