Quote of the Day

Tools    

Success is following the pattern of life one enjoys most.
Al Capp (1909 - 1979)

Misogynist: A man who hates women as much as women hate one another.
H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything.
Sydney Smith (1771 - 1845)

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
Ellen Goodman (1941 - )

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008), Clarke's first law

No one is better than Doom.

XL. "Into my heart an air that kills..."
by A. E. Housman (1859-1936) Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
"It is better to suffer wrong

than do it,

and happier to be sometimes cheated

than not to trust."

Samuel Johnson

The visionary lies to himself, the liar only to others.
--Friedrich Nietzsche

Everything becomes and recurs eternally - escape is impossible! - Supposing we could judge value, what follows? The idea of recurrence as a selective principle, in the service of strength (and barbarism!!)...
--Friedrich Nietzsche

"My take on all these things is pretty simple. It's all on the table, every bit of it, and you should use anything that improves the quality of your wiring and doesn't get in the way of your story. If you like an alliterative phrases-the knights of nowhere battling the nabobs of nullity-by all means throw it in and see how it looks on paper. If it seems to work, it can stay. If it doesn't (and to me this one sounds pretty bad, like Spiro Agnew crossed with Robert Jordan), well that delete key is on your machine for a good reason."

-Stephen King, On Writing

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
Woody Allen (1935 - )

Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address.
Lane Olinghouse

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.
Ben Stein

Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.
Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.
Moshe Dayan (1915 - 1981)

“The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.”
"Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders."
"... there could be no happiness, cheerfulness, hope, pride, immediacy, without forgetfulness.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

"Ed: Do you own a video camera?
Renee Madison: No. Fred hates them.
Fred Madison: I like to remember things my own way.
Ed: What do you mean by that?
Fred Madison: How I remembered them. Not necessarily the way they happened."

"Lost Highway" (1997) quote

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
Friedrich Engels (1820 - 1895)

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
Ralph W. Sockman

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

"The Earth is a planet utilised by other planets as lunatic asylum"

"Good evening, ladies and gentleman. My name is Orson Welles. I am an actor. I am a writer. I am a producer. I am a director. I am a magician. I appear onstage and on the radio. Why are there so many of me and so few of you?" Orson Welles

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
"The more you think, the more you ruin things. Art has to come viscerally; otherwise, forget it." - Al Jourgensen