Battle Of The War Movies

Tools    

The Pianist is a "War" movie? The Patriot is seriously included in the poll? What's the next pairing, Gone with the Wind vs. Behind Enemy Lines???

I'm out. Enjoy.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
The Pianist, though I consider it about as much a war movie as Shindler's List.

I agree. But if Schindler's List gets on here, I'll probably still vote for it. However, seeing as how my dad was in Vietnam (he's 60, and I'm 14. he's a busy man ) I'm gonna vote for Hamburgur Hill.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I haven't seen The Pianist (yet) and I think Hamburger Hill is a good movie so: Hamburger Hill.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

A system of cells interlinked
How can these films be compared?

No vote here

seems to me this one didnt make sense to many of you.Also if you didnt read what i said i would use any involvement of the war genre to create a battle.
The pianist advances

NEXT BATTLE:

LAWERENCE OF ARABIA

VS.
BRAVEHEART

I love them both, but my vote goes for Lawrence of Arabia.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Braveheart, for sure.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Braveheart

My vote is for Braveheart

braveheart advances

NEXT BATTLE:

WE WERE SOLDIERS

VS.

PATTON

this could also be a blow out!

I know I'm gonna get shot for this, but I haven't even seen Patton. And Mel Gibson is my fav. actor, but somehow I missed the Braveheart vote, but it advanced anyway, so I'm voting for We Were Soldiers.

Damn, that's really tough. I'll have to think about this....hmm....hmm....uh....hm....

hmm..................

Patton!

No! Wait!

*crap*

Yeah, Patton.

Patton. By the way, did you "seed" these movies in true bracket form, or are they just randomm assignments? And is there anyway To see the whole bracket? And a note to the admins: you guys should pick 64 top movies, and have of vote on them during March, to go along with March madness.
In case you forgot, I voted for Patton

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I haven't seen either
I have to pass on this one.......sucks

Originally Posted by Joe Popular
Patton. By the way, did you "seed" these movies in true bracket form, or are they just randomm assignments? And is there anyway To see the whole bracket? And a note to the admins: you guys should pick 64 top movies, and have of vote on them during March, to go along with March madness.
In case you forgot, I voted for Patton

That is a awesome idea, well there are so many movies that have war as a genre. right now we are in feruary . This battle consists of 32 war movies. i have not put them in brackets, i was thinking by using the imdb ranking system. in march i will highly take consider your opinion. maybe we can complete this battle by the end of february early march.

my vote is for patton

Originally Posted by poeman
That is a awesome idea, well there are so many movies that have war as a genre. right now we are in feruary . This battle consists of 32 war movies. i have not put them in brackets, i was thinking by using the imdb ranking system. in march i will highly take consider your opinion. maybe we can complete this battle by the end of february early march.
You might want to rethink some of the choice's of war movies. We've already lost 2 of the 6-7 players because of The Pianist. It's not a war movie.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
You might want to rethink some of the choice's of war movies. We've already lost 2 of the 6-7 players because of The Pianist. It's not a war movie.

yeah i saw that, but pianist is a war genre, none the less , i re fixed the 32 list and removed some controversial films such as life is beautiful, and so on like dr.strangelove...etc
i added more WW2 movies. But understand this, im looking for the vote on the one that is just better overall then the other. ANYway i did fix that, problem. Hope those guys come back!