Slasher Hall of Fame

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Christmas Evil
The killer is a somewhat sympathetic figure with psychological issues that stem from what he saw as a child. I don't know who the actor is, or if he's done anything else, or if he's especially talented, but he's fantastic in this. He totally gets into the role, and I believed that he believed in what he was doing.
He is in something else, something else in this same hall of fame. He's in Dressed to Kill for about 15 seconds.

Jason X (2001)
James Isaac
Nominated by Sane

Subject: Jason Voorhees

Jason gets frozen in a cryogenic chamber and is found 450 years later by a spaceship of really convincing science students and marine grunts. We discover that hockey will be outlawed on earth in 2024, so take note that Jason's hockey mask survives a good deal longer Spacefaring Jason starts picking off members of the ship one-by-one, with varying degrees of creativity. Two he kills in a video game simulation, and then again when the game ends. Towards the end, Jason Voorhees gets an upgrade and becomes Uber-Jason, which feels like an extension of cheesy 90s movies like the entertainingly bad Mortal Kombat flicks

Memorable Kill: Blonde scientist hotty near the beginning has her face frozen and smashed by Jason, just awoken from a long slumber

Jason X, bad and good at the same time, balancing out to a grade of Average

Dressed to Kill

I first saw this movie in 1985 in a hotel with my parents, on the first night we moved to Boston. It was on UHF station 56, and we were all shocked to see Angie Dickinson's pitching mound on regular TV. That was the day I fell in love with Brian De Palma. He is one of my favorite directors, with his unique style but with the obvious Hitchcock influence. I love erotic thrillers, and he's a master at these. I've always looked at Dressed to Kill, Blow Out, and Body Double as sort of an unofficial trilogy. They don't make many movies like this anymore; Gone Girl was a nice recent exception. De Palma is fantastic at using music, lighting, and mirrors, and this movie is a nice example of that. The cast is terrific, most notably the always hot and adorable Nancy Allen. This is a movie that strongly appeals to my taste, and it's a long time personal favorite.

Best Kill: In the elevator

Verdict: Excellent

Glad you loved it cricket. I fell in love with De Palma last year during my viewing of Body Double, I think that one's miles ahead of anything else he's done, but Dressed to Kill and Blow Out are no doubt worthy of being considered as some of his best. I'd never say no to a De Palma.

I really tried to watch ANOES today.... but I turned it off... because either I was tired and needed the nap... or it bored me to sleep..

Swan blames it on Freddy... lol

I think I may watch this tonight. I'm suddenly feeling in the mood for it.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	glove.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	21381  

Im going to try to finish ANOES and a few others tomorrow since its my day off from work....

Brandon Maggart is clearly the MVP of the Slasher Hall of Fame
He's in The World According to Garp!?! I can't recall his part. Who the hell is he in that? That's one insane movie. I love it, so. I must facebook Holden. I think about him every time I watch one of these films. Usually, he's rolling his eyes at me.

He's in The World According to Garp!?! I can't recall his part. Who the hell is he in that? That's one insane movie. I love it, so. I must facebook Holden. I think about him every time I watch one of these films. Usually, he's rolling his eyes at me.
are you talking about the killer's brother.. isnt he in "The Walking Dead"?

No, that's Jeffrey DeMunn. I love him. He's in a load of great things.
Im not familiar with the killer and only his brother from Walking Dead... thats it..

Yep, not even Holden can remember what character that is. Once he doesn't know, I give up. No offense to anyone else here. I'm just super use to him knowing all about this movie stuff.

Brandon Maggart is Garp's wrestling coach - the dad of his wife.
I'm going to have to sneak away from both of these hallafamers, and watch that. I remember that character now, but I still can't place his face in it. Thanks, Mark.

*Goes off to tell Holden*