Batman 5

Tools    

Hi
I just read that Christopher Nolan (Following, Memento, Insomnia) has attached to direct Batman 5. I think this is a great change in direction because he is the perfect director at the moment to turn Batman back into a noirish detective movie like it should be.

Preview Page at Yahoo:
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808490909

Hopefully, they can get Batman back on track like the first movie.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I heard they want to cast Ashton Kutchner (???) as Batman...and i heard it's about the history of how Batman came to be...what do I know?

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Hi
Originally posted by moviefan20
I heard they want to cast Ashton Kutchner (???) as Batman...and i heard it's about the history of how Batman came to be...what do I know?
It could be, there was this project called "Batman Year One" and also a comic created which gave a more detailed backstory on him and this could possibly be an adaptation of it. The biggest rumor is the scarecrow will be a villain in it.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Yeah i heard that about the Scarecrow...

I must become Caligari..!
Villan wise i belive they should use Adam Lamb, A mild Mannered Musum Custodian who suffer a blow on the head, And at the stroke of midnoght would turn in to a Psyopathic killer, This would be good to turn Batman back into a Noir Like, Detective film
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I think it would be cool if they made a movie out of a Batman-based book called Knightfall where Bane critically injures Bruce by breaking his back. He is forced to pass on his responsibilities to this guy who ends up wanting to kill Bruce because he's become so obsessed with the power he recieves. I cant remember exactly how it goes its been a while since I read it.

All Batman movies have been a good watch for me, but i would like something more original set in this upcoming one, a new direction perhaps with a strong script etc, ican only hope

Never conform, never compromise....
I think Nolan could direct a good one...but I would prefer them to go back to the first two...with Burton. Batman and Gotham is supposed to be dark and grey...not full o neon lights and shyte...but hey, thats just my opinion.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

I heard something about Clayface being a the villain....god, I hate clayface.

Messenger from Hades' Gate
I have to agree with Dubb in the fact that I would prefer to see the Knightfall saga get turned into a series of movies (even though they turned Bane into a pansy in Batman & Robin) but perhaps it could be done with the Killer Croc instead.

I'm not sure I like the idea of Batman: Year One, because I'm almost afraid that it will contradict the first movie somehow. In that movie, Knox (the annoying reporter) says, "It sounds like we've just had another Bat attack! What is that? The sixth (maybe not sixth, but a relatively low number) one in a month?" In any case, it sounded like the FIRST TIM BURTON BATMAN MOVIE HAPPENED DURING MR. WAYNE'S FIRST YEAR AS BATMAN! If they somehow contradict this movie I will be very upset!

Scarecrow would also make an excellently scary villain for Batman. I would like the Batman movies to be almost scary or chilling more rather than a detective like story. Also, bringing back Michelle as the Catwoman wouldn't bug me either (or get Kate Bekensale to do it. . . but not Halle Berry! Please!)

I read somewhere that christian bale is going to be batman. Anyway, this is a comicbook movie which Im really waiting for, Memento is one of my favourite films, Nolan should do a great job with a much darker take on Batman and Christian bale is a great actor. He would make a great new darker batman. Ill be watching out for this one.

Christian Bale is going to be Batman and the villian is going to be Rhaz Al Ghul (sound it out and you'll get the picture) First it was thought to be Scarecrow and Clayface, now it's Rhaz Al Ghul. I'm pretty sure thats how you spell it. Anyway, I also heard that Tim Burton has a contract to direct two more Batman flicks. But I haven't heard who'll direct it besides the info. from Tuna.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Christian Bale is going to be Batman and the villian is going to be Rhaz Al Ghul (sound it out and you'll get the picture)
I have never heard of Rhaz Al Ghul before. . . who is he/she/it? I've got nothing against using original villains as opposed to just borrowing from the comic books exclusively, but has anyone else ever heard of him/her/it before?

As for Tim Burton returning, I'll believe it when I see it! I'll watch it if he's involved, but they should never bring back the guy who did Batman and Robin. Ugh!

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by suppression
I have never heard of Rhaz Al Ghul before. . . who is he/she/it? I've got nothing against using original villains as opposed to just borrowing from the comic books exclusively, but has anyone else ever heard of him/her/it before?

As for Tim Burton returning, I'll believe it when I see it! I'll watch it if he's involved, but they should never bring back the guy who did Batman and Robin. Ugh!
Rhaz is an arab villian, which I wouldn't put it past Hollywood to go right for that currently. He is an arch-villian (brains not brawn) that uses others to do his legwork, hence he doesn't show up much personally. I believe he also knows his identity.

As for B1 taking place during the first year, I doubt it. Year one is about the mistakes he made in his first year and it was the year that molded him into the silent, shadowy fellow we all love so He makes quite a few mistakes and it's a learning curve story arc.

Really, the Frank Miller Story by the same name covers his first attempts at being a vigilante (in a ski mask) and portrays his discovery that if he is to pull this thing off, he must get into the minds of his opponents and not just rely on muscle (like a certain red caped boy scout one town over). This is also the period where he builds his relationship with J Gordon, which is a main theme as well.

_Sedai