Movie Tab II

Tools    

Or the dullness comes from the watcher. Any movie is interesting if you ask the right questions
House Of The Dead ?

Eh, Wreckminster deserves two pop corns more than zero, maybe even 2.5 but because I laughed at the comment

Finished here. It's been fun.
Werckmeister Harmonies

I liked the scene where they walked around for 145 minutes.

2deep4u

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Eh, Wreckminster deserves two pop corns more than zero, maybe even 2.5 but because I laughed at the comment
Thank God you are talking about a certain Wreckminster Harmonies and not about Werckmeister Harmonies.

But srsly, that was my reaction:
Werckmeister Harmonies

I liked the scene where they walked around for 145 minutes.

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Dammit, if I had posted at the right time I could have been in a GIF!

Werckmeister Harmonies is a great movie but have no problem with someone giving it 0. What I don't get though is why someone would even bother watching a 2.5 hour Hungarian arthouse movie that is so far out of their comfort zone if they don't have the capacity to enjoy it. Seems like a massive waste of time

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Octopus (John Eyres, 2000)

Octopus 2: The River’s Edge (Yossi Wein, 2001)

That’s the Spirit (Roy Mack, 1933)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Steven Spielberg, 1977)
+

Tyke Cary Guffey undergoes as many strange experiences as his mother Melinda Dillon and Power lineman Richard Dreyfuss.
Hot Saturday (William Seiter, 1932)

Sport Slants #218 (No Director Listing, 1931)

Beauty and the Boss (Roy Del Ruth, 1932)
+
The Mind Reader (Roy Del Ruth, 1933)

Conman Warren William does a phony future-telling act, but his girlfriend Constance Cummings thinks he’s sincere.
388 Arletta Avenue (Randall Cole, 2011)
-
Handlebars (Jules White, 1933)

She Done Him Wrong (Lowell Sherman, 1933)
-
Blonde Venus (Josef von Sternberg, 1932)

Loving wife and mother Marlene Dietrich deeply cares for her son Dickie Moore although she’s worried what she did to pay for her husband’s operation will cause her to lose the boy.
Blonde Crazy (Roy Del Ruth, 1931)

Thou Shalt Not: Sex, Sin and Censorship in Pre-Code Hollywood (Steven Smith, 2008)

Trifles of Importance (Basil Wrangell, 1940)

The Phenix City Story (Phil Karlson, 1955)

In Phenix City, Alabama, America's Sin City, life has been the same for 50 years - the bosses, represented by Edward Andrews, have ruled with an iron fist, while everybody else, including lawyer John McIntire, are too scared for their lives to challenge them.
Blazing Guns (Robert Tansey, 1943)

Gun to Gun (D. Ross Lederman, 1944)

Mara Maru (Gordon Douglas, 1952)

2001: A Space Odyssey (Stanley Kubrick, 1968)

A humongous mystery of a film which covers human pre-history up to its next evolution, 2001 is ultimately driven by a battle of wills between astronaut Keir Dullea and the supposedly-infallible-and-proud-of-it computer HAL (Douglas Rain).

Finished here. It's been fun.
Yeah, the film definitely isn't for everyone...but a
is just wrong. It means the film is void of any artistic merit whatsoever. That's just my opinion though.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Werckmeister Harmonies is a great movie but have no problem with someone giving it 0. What I don't get though is why someone would even bother watching a 2.5 hour Hungarian arthouse movie that is so far out of their comfort zone if they don't have the capacity to enjoy it. Seems like a massive waste of time
It's on Roger Ebert's Great Movies list.

I watch arthouse films all the time.

You are correct, it was a massive waste of time.

Didn't know he was such a LEGIT critic.

Then your reaction and preposterous rating are even weirder.

I didn't rate a single movie
. The sheer fact somebody actually made an effort of making a film deserves a
. To rate zero popcorns films like Hausu or Werckmeister Harmonies is simply to be ignorant.

Yeah, I don't think so. A
is as relevant as a
I am not rating effort, I am rating my enjoyment. Granted I don't give out a lot of
because of the simple fact that usually I would not make it to the end of a movie that I am not enjoying on any level. It is a MOVIE rating, no extra points just because it was made. That's just ignorant.

It's from
to
, from 1 to 10. That's my rating system.

Oh, wait...
I am rating my enjoyment
I'm done.

Dont worry Loner, I got the same reaction when I rated House
The berating will end.
IMO, that's a bit unfair. This is a forum for discussion so people are discussing. Personally, if I don't want to discuss my thoughts on a film I won't post them on a public forum.

His comments show a desire to be controversial so he is getting the correct response.

You are correct, it was a massive waste of time.
Really? Your comments show that you approach films with a "here we are now, entertain us" mindset which simply doesn't fit with watching arthouse films all the time. Films like Tarr's require you to invest in them and to think about the images and the themes being presented.

Of course there is no requirement for anyone to actually do that which is why it seems like a waste of time to watch them if your approach simply won't allow you to enjoy them.

Which arthouse films have you seen and enjoyed?

His comments show a desire to be controversial so he is getting the correct response.
That's fair. I would just change that to some correct response.

Go to Louvre to see Mona Lisa and rate it
, because it wasn't entertaining.