Question About Lists

Tools    

I see lists under My Lists that have already been created from the site but I was wondering how you make your own lists here? I saw that there is some sort of contest for the Best Movies of the 70s list but have no idea how that would work. I would be interested in participating in something like that in the future but I am new here and don't know how to create a personal or custom list?

You can't right now, but I believe Yoda wants that to be possible in the future.

Swan is correct: right now there are no custom lists, but this has been planned pretty much from the beginning. It might be awhile yet, for reasons technical and creative, but this is almost certainly going to happen.

How would you go about formulating a best movies of the 70s list? It is past due now and I am too new to participate in the contest now but would like to know for the future?

How would you go about formulating a best movies of the 70s list? It is past due now and I am too new to participate in the contest now but would like to know for the future?
In all likelihood we'll be moving on to the Top 100 of the 1960s once the 70s one is finished. You'll be able to participate in that one if you're still here when it rolls around.

There will be a time period of a good few months from when the list is announced to when you have to submit a list,so people can try and watch enough films so feel feel comfortable to put them in to a top 25. Then everyone sends the list host a private message with the 25 films, they add them up using a point system to calculate the overall top 100 of the site, this is then revealed in a daily countdown.

All is explained really in the first post of the list thread

If you want, feel free to go ahead and start your own threads in the 'Movie Review' sections where you can post about your favourite films, or write lists to share. A lot of people create threads with their own top 100, or top 50 films. One of the rules of the decade lists is that if you submit a list to participate with it, you can't reveal your 25, but seeing as you didn't participate, it would be okay if you wanted to post your top 25 of the decade to show us what you would have gone for, so we can get a look at your film tastes.

Ok I think I've got it now thank you for the explanation!
I will wait until the next list comes up but I will keep that in mind about the Movie Review Section.