Desert Island Discs

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Yes, this is exactly what you think it is.

You're stuck on a desert island. Somehow you have a DVD player with a built-in screen, or maybe even a big screen TV and a really good sound system if you're lucky, and you even have electricity. But you only have 10 DVDs. What DVDs would you want to have with you?

I know it's hard to narrow it down to 10, but surely someone must have some idea of what movies they would like to have with them.

I know that my list would have to include "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", and "Always" from my Spielberg shelf, and I would need a few musicals so I would have something to sing along with, so it would probably include "West Side Story", and "The Music Man".

I would also need to have a Cary Grant fix every once in a while, so "Arsenic and Old Lace" would be a must have on my list too.

Wow, that's half my list already, and I still have so many DVDs left. This is much harder than I thought.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I simply can't conjure up only ten films i'd take with me, too many movies I adore unconditionally.

Blade Runner is a lock though

Gilligan's Island (the movie)...for coconut creme pie recipes.

Castaway...for tips on tooth extraction.

South Pacific...because Mitzi Gaynor is easy on the eyes.

Lord of the Flys (1954 version)...Just for the scare factor.

Shutter Island...Just in case Lord of the Flys didn't creep you out enough.

You said 10? I'll have to think more on that.

I simply can't conjure up only ten films i'd take with me, too many movies I adore unconditionally.

Blade Runner is a lock though

"Blade Runner" is a great movie, but if I could only pick one Harrison Ford movie, I would probably choose "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Or maybe "The Frisco Kid"? Wait, but then I couldn't bring "Regarding Henry". But how could live without "Star Wars"?

Uh-oh. This could be a problem for me.

Gilligan's Island (the movie)...for coconut creme pie recipes.

Castaway...for tips on tooth extraction.

South Pacific...because Mitzi Gaynor is easy on the eyes.

Lord of the Flys (1954 version)...Just for the scare factor.

Shutter Island...Just in case Lord of the Flys didn't creep you out enough.

You said 10? I'll have to think more on that.

"Shutter Island" was awesome, but I'm not sure that it would make the cut for me.

"South Pacific" is a great choice too, but I have a DVD of "South Pacific" starring Reba McEntire, Brian Stokes Mitchell, and Alec Baldwin that I might choose instead of the actual movie version.

Another 'island' film that I like is Hawaii with Julie Andrews.

It's kind of a long sprawling film. What I like is, it's relaxed. You just kind of watch it and it's moves along. I'm pretty sure there's a remake?

Blade Runner is one of the greats. I hope this isn't taboo, but I prefer the original theatrical release of BR with the voice over and minus the Pegasus scene.

I don't know if this counts, but I'd take 10 disks of House for medical reference.

Another 'island' film that I like is Hawaii with Julie Andrews.

It's kind of a long sprawling film. What I like is, it's relaxed. You just kind of watch it and it's moves along. I'm pretty sure there's a remake?

Blade Runner is one of the greats. I hope this isn't taboo, but I prefer the original theatrical release of BR with the voice over and minus the Pegasus scene.

I haven't seen "Hawaii" with Julie Andrews. I'll have to look that one up. Is it a musical? She has an amazing voice.

I don't know if this counts, but I'd take 10 disks of House for medical reference.

I guess that would be okay because it's still 10 discs, and it would probably be a good idea to have some medical knowledge, but I would think it would get boring after a while.

BTW, I love "House". Even with his little attitude problem, he's so funny.

I'll take movies I love that also have great soundtracks-

Goodfellas
Boogie Nights
The Devil's Rejects
Saturday Night Fever
The Blues Brothers
Forrest Gump
Dazed and Confused
Pulp Fiction
Summer of Sam
American Hustle

I don't recall any singing in it, it's been years since I seen it. I do remember it was filmed on location, mostly. It had Max Von Sydow. I don't think Hawaii is a real popular film, but it's a nice film.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Goodfellas
Boogie Nights
Dazed and Confused
Pulp Fiction
Honestly, I would consider all four of those films as potential prospects. They are extremely entertaining and furiously energetic, the soundtracks are superb and best of all:They are infinitely rewatchable.

Great picks cricket

Goodfellas
Boogie Nights
The Devil's Rejects
Saturday Night Fever
The Blues Brothers
Forrest Gump
Dazed and Confused
Pulp Fiction
Summer of Sam
American Hustle

I guess we have very different tastes in music. Taking movies with great soundtracks is a great idea, but if I were taking movies for their soundtracks, the first two movies I would pick would be "The Jazz Singer" with Neil Diamond, and "Pure Country" with George Strait.

I guess that would be okay because it's still 10 discs, and it would probably be a good idea to have some medical knowledge, but I would think it would get boring after a while.

BTW, I love "House". Even with his little attitude problem, he's so funny.
Totally. Though it would get boring watching any 10 disks over and over again. House is such a great show!

I would take my top 5 English speaking films and my 5 of my foriegn language films

A Clockwork Orange
Pride and Prejudice
Kingdom of Heaven
Gladiator
The Count of Monte Cristo
La Belle Et La Bete (1946)
Harjunpää ja pahan pappi
Sauna
Adam's Aebler
Jagten

I don't recall any singing in it, it's been years since I seen it. I do remember it was filmed on location, mostly. It had Max Von Sydow. I don't think Hawaii is a real popular film, but it's a nice film.

I just looked up "Hawaii" on IMDB and it's not a musical. It only has one song listed under soundtracks, and it doesn't say who sang it, so it may not even be sung by Julie Andrews.