Gunner Palace

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I just watched the trailer for this documentary about the Iraq war, touted as 'the war told by the soliders' sans politics.

Now, I don't believe it is possible to make a documentary about the Iraq war without being politically reflective of it, especially in the editing room, but this looks and sounds as close as it is going to get.

I highly recommend watching the trailer and checking out the film's site. I will certainly be keeping my eye out for it as it makes its rounds around the country and will most likely pick it up on DVD.

This seems to be a very intriguing film. The idea to let the soldiers tell the story is very ballsy, but its exactly what needs to be heard. Why listen to all the guys dressed in suits, when we can listen to the men getting shot at everyday?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Sounds interesting... I would watch it.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Ive seen it before and it is very interesting. You should read the journals on the Gunnerpalace.com site that the movie creators wrote. It helps you understand even better what it is like to be in Iraq.

I dont think it is possible to make a film about war without having some bit of your political beliefs in it, but they do a great job at trying to stay neutral. They let footage show you what it is like out there and you really do see it from teh soldiers' perspective. It is strange to see the soldiers chillin in the pool and laughing one day and then under fire the next.

A must see in my book