Regarding Napoleon Dynamite

Tools    

Did you catch the musical reference when the happy couple rides off on the horse?
26.32%
5 votes
Of course!
52.63%
10 votes
Uhm... what?
21.05%
4 votes
I'm not answering til I see what Holden says.
19 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Only saw this overrated movie once, last summer, so I don't have any idea which couple or which horse you're even talking about.

So put me down for "Who gives a *****?" if you fix the poll accordingly.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

So many good movies, so little time.
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?
Napoleon Dynamite: Whatever I feel like I wanna do, gosh!

I disagree with Holden on this one. I liked Napolean Dynamite. Napolean was an arrogant social outcast who revelled in not being part of the mainstream, which this movie also does. Napolean fights with almost everyone. He asks for a campaign button from the popular kid and then throws it down the hall.

I don't think it is a mean spirited movie making fun of Napolean. I think it has Napolean on the outside making fun of everyone else.

I think you should give it another chance, Holden.

Sam, didn't catch the musical reference. Will have to watch it again.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

You mean at the end after the credits right? Where Kip sings? Yeah that was f*ckin funny!

Zordock

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I thought the movie was entertaining. It's not terribly hilarious or completely profound, but it's an appealing blend of the two. The music reference I'm talking about is from The Man From Snowy River. It's alluded to at the end of the wedding scene, which was after I thought the movie was over. It made me laugh, anyway.

It is quite okay to dislike this move, but at the same time it is okay to love it; I love it, so hey whatever I wanna do.... GOD!!!! Yes the ending after the credits was great .

First of all, I "get" the movie, it just doesn't work for me and I think it lacks any real cohesive vision or point-of-view.

Second of all, the post-credit wedding scene was added to the theatrical run a month or so after it opened. I saw Napoleon Dynamite at a screening a couple weeks before it had properly played for a paying audience nationwide, so I never even had the opportunity to see the frippin' scene in question or catch any Man from Snowy River reference. But I did see it listed as such on the good 'ol IMDb, so I knew what you were getting at.

Sideways is far and away the most overrated movie of the year among critics, but I think Napoleon Dynamaite is probably at the very top of the internet-movie-board-user's most overpraised. It would have been brilliant as a ten minute short. Obviously stretched thin to make the feature length, there simply isn't any there there, and it's not sharp enough or original enough to rise above it's hollowness.

I think.

So many good movies, so little time.
I have to admit that the first time I saw it I didn't like it too much. But as I watched it a second and third time I really came to enjoy it. I think of many of the scenes and just laugh to myself. Not many movies do that for me. And I think Jon Heder was terrific as Napolean. Perfect movie to be a cult classic but I guess it is too popular already to be considered such.

I liked it in a time waster kind of way.. Its a very forgettable movie though IMO. Though it was quirky and intresting enough.

Its like a woman you would sexxor, but wouldnt date O>O

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
First of all, I "get" the movie, it just doesn't work for me and I think it lacks any real cohesive vision or point-of-view.

Second of all, the post-credit wedding scene was added to the theatrical run a month or so after it opened. I saw Napoleon Dynamite at a screening a couple weeks before it had properly played for a paying audience nationwide, so I never even had the opportunity to see the frippin' scene in question or catch any Man from Snowy River reference. But I did see it listed as such on the good 'ol IMDb, so I knew what you were getting at.

Sideways is far and away the most overrated movie of the year among critics, but I think Napoleon Dynamaite is probably at the very top of the internet-movie-board-user's most overpraised. It would have been brilliant as a ten minute short. Obviously stretched thing to make the feature length, there simply isn't any there there, and it's not sharp enough or original enough to rise above it's hollowness.

I think.
It's driving you nuts that you didn't see that scene, isn't it?

The movie's plot is almost nonexistent, but I thought it was hilarious. It's probably the most random movie I've seen in a while, but I thought it was hilarious.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I really didn't like Napoleon Dynamite. I barely made it through the film, honestly. It was random and painfully "quirky." But I did laugh at the title, since Napoleon Dynamite was a name that was used by Elvis Costello in the credits to one of his albums, and I'm a big Elvis Costello fan....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

this was one of the best movies i have ever watched. napoleon is the shiznit!!

I live in Orem Utah, which would be a horrible place to live if you are not a Napoleon Dynamite fan because it has been everywhere you look for almost a year now. I like the film a lot. I have also had a chance to visit with Jared Hess who says his next movie is about "mexican wresling". I hope he is being serious

It had a few laughs. Not a film I would see twice. A movie I would call DUMB.

Uh...I don't even remember a horse. Only saw it once, but I reference about one or two lines fromt he movie daily. yeah, I'm that guy...

Who cares, that movie was terrible