Has anyone seen The Life Aquatic Yet?

→ in
Tools    

This has been in release in NY and LA for sometime now -- has anyone seen it yet??

I'd love to a review that's not from some lame, jaded movie critic.

Glad you like it -- sorry about that.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I'm thinking of catching it tomorrow.
But it doesn't open wide until Saturday.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
But it doesn't open wide until Saturday.
I'm in LA...... but after I said this, I went and looked to see where it was playing near me, and it's not really. So, Saturday it is. Or Sunday.

It's been getting interestingly mixed reviews and doesn't get here until March...!

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
My boyfriend keeps talking about this movie, he really wants to see it, he told me it came out here on Wednesday....hmm.

Anyway, we will probably go and see it over the weekend, and then I'll do my little review thing.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Did you move to Africa?
Of course not. It's just that, here in Australia, we get Australian films [and films with Australian actors such as The Life and Death of Peter Sellers] before the States; blockbusters at the same time [if not earlier in cases where films get released on the "same" day everywhere]; and much later with that smaller foreign, independent and "Indiewood" movies.

I'm going try to catch it tomorrow before i see The Aviator.

This movie has Bill "F_cking" Murray in it. Mixed reviews or not, I think he's a genius.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Saw it. I think it's great. And like Pimp said, it's got Bill "F_cking" Murray in it.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Saw it. I think it's great. And like Pimp said, it's got Bill "F_cking" Murray in it.
Why did you think it was great? I yawned a few times in the movie...

Originally Posted by Zzat
Why did you think it was great? I yawned a few times in the movie...
Because I love Wes Anderson's films and this one screams Wes Anderson, there wasn't a single moment where I was bored. I love how subtle Wes Anderson can be when it comes to comedy.

And Bill "F_cking" Murray.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Because I love Wes Anderson's films and this one screams Wes Anderson, there wasn't a single moment where I was bored.
This Wes Anderson film disappointed me, some scenes were funny. It wasn't such a good dark comedy... And i couldn't believe Steve Zissou didn't get hit once in the gun fight. Also for no reason at all Cate Blanchett and Owen Wilson falls in love. Jeff Goldblum was running pretty good for a shot in the chest...

Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
I didn't see it as a dark comedy at all, I thought it was just a very fun movie with a good storyline and some hilarious acting.
I think it was trying to be a dark comedy.