Most impressive gain of weight?

Tools    

Which actor has most impressed you with his/her gain of weight? Honourable mentions for me would be ... (well ok they're all i can think of)

- Bobby de niro: raging bull (just watch taxi driver beforehand, then watch him as lemotta in his later years, staggering)

- Sly stallone: copland

But the one which stands out by far is eric bana in chopper. Its unbelievable, he really is huge, both in fat and frame, i have no idea how he done it.

Thoughts?

DeNiro in Raging Bull will always be the greatest example of an actor going to weight extremes for a role.

The least impressive to me is Renee Zellweger in the Bridget Jones's Diary flicks. She gains twenty-two pounds, which balloons her all the way up from 96 to 118 and she's praised by the likes of "Entertainment Tonight" like she's done something impressive. She hasn't. If she wants to impress me, pack on an extra sixty pounds. That's dedication, you vapid little stick of a non-talent.

But I digress.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

What about Charlize Theron?

Robert DeNiro in Raging Bull

Toni Collette In Muriels Wedding

Randomly visiting for now
Yeah Charlize Theron put on quite a few pounds, but for me (like Holden) I'd say Robert Deniro in raging bull was the most obvious weight gain for a film and would have been the most difficult to get back down again.

May The Forks be With Us
How bout Christie Ally. She didnt do it for a film but that woman went from skinny to huge and i never noticed it until a few months ago. she gained like 150 pounds or sumthin.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

A novel adaptation.
Probably the most impressive is De Niro, if only because he's so incredible in the film, fat or not.

But if the question pertains at all to the record, and who knows if it should, De Niro is edged out for sheer weight gain for the purposes of acting by Vincent D'Onofrio, who for Full Metal Jacket gained 70 pounds to play his role. Although, it's certainly not as evident without a contrast on film.

Me. I'm a freakin' fatty ma-goo now. I stand sideways in the mirror and I have to take a few steps back to fit my whole gut in. Awesome.

Edward Norton - He's freakin' ripped in American History X, then he's a loser in Fight Club. Yeah?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Bug Planet Proximus
[quote=Holden Pike]If she wants to impress me, pack on an extra sixty pounds. That's dedication, you vapid little stick of a non-talent.[quote]

That's a little harsh. Not even De Niro lost 80 pounds.

But personally I find that losing weight for a film is much more impressive. In which case Tom Hanks is the one to float my boat. A year of starving is what I call dedication.

Otherwise, most impressive weight gain to me is also Vincent D'Onofrio.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Me. I'm a freakin' fatty ma-goo now. I stand sideways in the mirror and I have to take a few steps back to fit my whole gut in. Awesome.
You must be so proud

I am having a nervous breakdance
But what about Eddie in The Nutty Professor?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I agree with Bobby DeNiro in Raging Bull as the best. He gained 60 pounds, which Vincent D'Onofrio (sp?) outdid by gaining 70 pounds for the fumbling Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket. However while that is impressive, I still consider what DeNiro did more impressive. DeNiro stands at an average 5'9-1/2" while Vinny D (for spelling's sake) towers at damn near 6'4" about the height of The Duke, or Duck as Holden likes to say. So if you consider that Vinny D is almost 6-inches taller (half the length of my dick) than Bobby D then what DeNiro did is more impressive. He had less height and surface area to gain the weight on. He really, really got fat. It shows in his gut, arms, legs, face, everywhere. If you look at Vinny D it just looks like he has a massive gut and is bulky but no where near the lard-ass DeNiro became playing crazy Jake LaMotta.

So like I said to the best of my knowledge it's DeNiro. I won't bother to deal with Theron or whoever the other one was, because they don't even come close. Now there may be some TimBuckToo in Funakiwasaki, Japan who gained a lot of weight to play a sumo wrestler in a flick we'll never see. But until we find that flick...

And weight loss is impressive to, but since the topic is weight gain.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
DeNiro in Raging Bull That's dedication, you vapid little stick of a non-talent. (on Renee Zellweger)

Hey, I liked her in Chicago and Love & a .45

I ate all your bees.
Originally Posted by D'yer Mak'er
But personally I find that losing weight for a film is much more impressive. In which case Tom Hanks is the one to float my boat. A year of starving is what I call dedication.
Might wanna check out Chistian Bale in the Machinist. He lost 1/3 of his body weight for his role.

Extra Mild
eric bana for chopper

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
But what about Eddie in The Nutty Professor?
Are you serious? You know that was a body suit right, with makeup and everything. Or were you being sarcastic and now I'm looking stupid, ahh so confused .

Eric Bana for Chopper
That's a pretty good one, but not the best. (Deniro by far - see above)

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Are you serious? You know that was a body suit right, with makeup and everything. Or were you being sarcastic and now I'm looking stupid, ahh so confused
I think he was being funny ..... probably sarcastic

Originally Posted by nebbit
I think he was being funny ..... probably sarcastic
k