Shame and, well, more shame...

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
As embarassed as I am to be doing this, and I am most certainly embarassed to be doing this:

I can not, for the life of me, remember what film this scene comes from, or even if it was a film I liked or disliked.
It's a long shot of waves breaking quietly on a beach, and then a dead bird (seagull, possibly) falls from the sky and lands with a small splash in the water. It's, I'm pretty sure, the last or one of the last shots of the film, and I'm pretty sure the shot was mostly unrelated to the movie it was in.

Thanks for any help, and let it be well known that my head is already bowed in shame.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Not really sure but doesn't the Krays film start and end with a seagull at a beach or something? Probably not it but welcome back retro MinionTV FaceJob Winner!.

A novel adaptation.
Man did I kick ass at that game.

Originally Posted by Herod
I can not, for the life of me, remember what film this scene comes from, or even if it was a film I liked or disliked.
It's a long shot of waves breaking quietly on a beach, and then a dead bird (seagull, possibly) falls from the sky and lands with a small splash in the water. It's, I'm pretty sure, the last or one of the last shots of the film, and I'm pretty sure the shot was mostly unrelated to the movie it was in.
That's the very last shot of Barton Fink (1991 - Joel & Ethan Coen).

And it's not a seagull, and it's not dead. It's a pelican that is dropping into the water to get a fish.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra