Both Secondary 'Alexander' Projects Scrapped!

Tools    

I've read this online from two different sites and it appears that Leonardo Dicaprio won't be playing Alexander after all. Dino Dilaurentis will also be scrapping his project. HBO's documentary however has definitely been scrapped because Gibson has left the project.These are still rumours and possibly only one will be scrapped in the end but the reason, you ask? The reason why throwing out the project is in mind is mainly because of the money risk. Each major project in talks has atleast a $100-million dollar price tag and since none of the contenders have made it to post production first, it is quite clear that financing the movie and making back the money is a huge and heretically unadvisable risk. Seriously, how many non-fanatical movie-going people will see two films on Alexander the Great in the same year, especially since the first is being made by Oliver stone and is starring Colin Farrel, Val Kilmer, Angelina Jolie and Anthony Hopkins?This is just a rumour at this stage however so I Don't recommend to make this a huge thread.

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
I've read this online from two different sites and it appears that Leonardo Dicaprio won't be playing Alexander after all. Dino Dilaurentis will also be scrapping his project. HBO's documentary however has definitely been scrapped because Gibson has left the project.These are still rumours and possibly only one will be scrapped in the end but the reason, you ask? The reason why throwing out the project is in mind is mainly because of the money risk. Each major project in talks has atleast a $100-million dollar price tag and since none of the contenders have made it to post production first, it is quite clear that financing the movie and making back the money is a huge and heretically unadvisable risk. Seriously, how many non-fanatical movie-going people will see two films on Alexander the Great in the same year, especially since the first is being made by Oliver stone and is starring Colin Farrel, Val Kilmer, Angelina Jolie and Anthony Hopkins?This is just a rumour at this stage however so I Don't recommend to make this a huge thread.
The rumour has been confirmed and it is only a rumour.