Kentucky fried movie

Tools    

I know its old, I know its cheesy, but boy its HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do the rest of you rate it if you've seen it?

Originally Posted by runningscared
I know its old, I know its cheesy, but boy its HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do the rest of you rate it if you've seen it?
It, along with John Landis' Schlock!, are the granddaddies of all the spoof cycle that really came of age with Airplne! in 1980. The Kentucky Fried Movie does have some truly hilarious bits. The "Fistful of Yen" parody is usually the big favorite, but some of the quick black-out sketches are just as funny.

GRADE: a very infleuential B
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I didn't like it.

Have you seen The Groove Tube?

I didn't like it either but it reminds me of The Kentucky Fried Movie.

Also Tunnel Vision.

Originally Posted by Loner
Have you seen The Groove Tube? I didn't like it either but it reminds me of The Kentucky Fried Movie.
Yes, The Groove Tube pre-dates The Kentucky Fried Movie, but it isn't anywhere near as good. A lot more misses than hits in that one. Other than a pre-"SNL" appearance by Chevy Chase, there's not much to recommend, even for the curious.

But Schlock! was made before The Groove Tube, and it really does have some zero-budget charm and anarchic lunacy to it.

Beware the Moon
KFM is well worth a look, if only for the Enter the Dragon parody "Fistful of Yen"....... (you have our gratitude). A couple of the segments work quite well but overrall it is pretty cheesy but good fun..... As long as it isn't presented in "Feelaround"