Hi, so I remember seeing this movie when i was like 8 years old, i dont know why i am remembering it all of the sudden but i need to find it.

I can remember certain moments of the movie but i don’t have a timeframe sadly.

In the movie there is this scene where the dad and the kid are pulled over by a cop and the father gives a half assed excuse involving his son and when he is free to go he calls the cop and idiot while driving off. It happens at least 2 times

Another scene i remember is the younger brother fishing a goldfish, his own goldfish, and then wanting to eat him, the parents are against it but the kid insists. By the end the kid actually eats the gold fish and says “i ate it” in a somewhat regretful voice.

last scene i remember involves the neighbors, the neighbors are a pain for the parent of the kid since they act like hillbillies, there is this scene where one of them destroys his own backyard stairs and this is used mutltiple times to set up jokes. Also the hillbillies eventually leave as it is revealed that they move to one place, trash it up and then move out of the county to avoid the law.

the movie has a 1980’s to 2000’s feel to it. Thanks for any help.