Wild West, guys driving cattle, some escape, color, 1960s?

Tools    

The thread's title almost says it all. I only saw like five minutes of the movie when I was young, so I don't remember much.

A huge group of cowboys (30? 100?) in the times of the Wild West are driving cattle through a few states. The leader of the pack is violent and always drunk with whiskey, they're all having a tough time.

There is a conversation between the leader and some guy and he says he stopped sleeping at nights so he can watch over the other guys and stop them from leaving the pack and running away, also he says he'll shoot anybody who attempts it.

It doesn't sound like a comedy so I assume it wasn't.

I'm pretty convinced the movie was in color but I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, also it might've been colorized. But it's definitely old, coming — at the latest — from the 1960s.

I also remember a detail — but I don't know if it's from this movie — that one guy settled down and called his range Three Rivers and he branded his cattle with a hot rod that was in the shape of three rivers. Is it the same movie, though?

I'd be glad for help.

The thread's title almost says it all. I only saw like five minutes of the movie when I was young, so I don't remember much.

A huge group of cowboys (30? 100?) in the times of the Wild West are driving cattle through a few states. The leader of the pack is violent and always drunk with whiskey, they're all having a tough time.

There is a conversation between the leader and some guy and he says he stopped sleeping at nights so he can watch over the other guys and stop them from leaving the pack and running away, also he says he'll shoot anybody who attempts it.

It doesn't sound like a comedy so I assume it wasn't.

I'm pretty convinced the movie was in color but I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, also it might've been colorized. But it's definitely old, coming — at the latest — from the 1960s.
That could be Red River (1948) originally in black and white, but it was colorized.

Let me think guys, thank you for the suggestions, it might be any of the two, I'm also thinking of "Chisum", it looks familiar but I don't know if the scene I mentioned (keeping vigil at night) is in it?…

That could be Red River (1948) originally in black and white, but it was colorized.
Indeed it is!! Thanks a million, and the scene I mentioned is around 1:15:00 mark.