Jersey Girl

Tools    

well, it has the classic ben, and then jason comes back, other than that the cast looks fuked up, plus if u notice, Jason Mewes and Keven smith are not in the cast. wtf is up w/ that?? plus the PG-13 rating??? im not quite sure what to expect. i dont know, just gotta wait and see how it goes.

punishment

Originally Posted by Punishment
plus if u notice, Jason Mewes and Keven smith are not in the cast... plus the PG-13 rating???

This film is not a Jay and Silent Bob film, if you didn't know. It simply is a movie written and directed by the talented Kevin Smith . He also is the executive producer.

As for the cast, it's not that bad....

Ben Affleck
Liv Tyler
George Carlin
Jason Biggs
Matt Damon
Jason Lee

The story's rating??? Of course PG-13. What would you give it?

The Strongest Girl Alive
I don't think Jersey Girl is supposed to be apart of the view askew universe cuz Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was supposed to be the last one and that's why Jay and Silent Bob aren't in it. But Kevin Smith is a fantastic writer so I'm sure it'll be great! but I'm not sure why he's such great friends with a ham like Affleck and why he keeps casting him in his movies. I would take Jason Mewes anyday over Affleck!

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
Originally Posted by jrs
This film is not a Jay and Silent Bob film, if you didn't know. It simply is a movie written and directed by the talented Kevin Smith . He also is the executive producer.

As for the cast, it's not that bad....

Ben Affleck
Liv Tyler
George Carlin
Jason Biggs
Matt Damon
Jason Lee
"...the talented Kevin Smith".

That is an understatement, my friend. With the exception of "Dogma", everything the man has done has been golden. Especially "Clerks". "I'm not even supposed to be here today!!!"

As far as the cast goes, to me there's only one standout name on that list, and that would be.......Jason Lee. As far as I'm concerned, the man steals just about every scene he's in, in every movie he does. George Carlin is a legend, and I love him, but I have a feeling he won't be a "main player". Also, isn't Jennifer Lopez gonna' be in this movie?? I'm pretty sure that she's the "Jersey girl", and being somewhat of a "Jersey guy" myself, I do NOT appreciate that. She's from the Bronx, dammit, don't taint Jersey's image!! Anyways, it'll be pretty funny seeing this, knowing that "Bennifer" is no more. Unless my sister's right and the whole break-up is a plot for them to get some privacy so they can finally get married. Who the hell cares, she's a skank and we all know it.

Given the right director, and the right film, I think Affleck's okay. He usually does pretty well in Kevin Smith movies, and those are usually the roles where I like him the most. Matt Damon has grown on me a lot lately, cause I really liked "The Bourne Identity", and I like the fact that he's started to show his comedic side, given his appearance as a host on SNL and his roles in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" and "Stuck on You". Liv Tyler is alright, but she doesn't really "do anything for me", if you know what I mean. The only movie I ever really liked her in was "Empire Records", and even there she was a little bit annoying. It would be funny is she showed up in this movie speaking the same language as her "Lord of the Rings" character.

I need to see a few trailers or previews for this movie before I decide whether or not I'll go see it in the theater....yes, THE one and only theater, but as of right now I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
any thoughts on this one its a kevin smith movie so im going to see but the cast looks realy dumb
http://www.miramax.com/jersey_girl/index.html
Agree!

Z-Warrior
Bosun of the Institution
Member of the Wolfpack #22
MikayladaGreat's Right-Hand Man

I Love PhoenixStorm!Sorry Rogue

The Green Lantern
If you watch 'An Evening with Kevin Smith', he said that "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" is the duos last movie. Bummer.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
any thoughts on this one its a kevin smith movie so im going to see but the cast looks realy dumb
http://www.miramax.com/jersey_girl/index.html
the cast looks fairly decent, but im only saying this because of kevin smith's "Dogma". which was a awesome movie, other then that i have no idea. liv tyler is a big no no!

The Strongest Girl Alive
Originally Posted by GL2814
If you watch 'An Evening with Kevin Smith', he said that "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" is the duos last movie. Bummer.
that could change

The Strongest Girl Alive
WARNING: spoilers below
it looks to me like J.lo dies in the beggining of the film! that's good news. watch the trailer it definantly looks different then I expected

I think Liv Tyler is much better then Jennifer Lopez

WARNING: "Jersey Girl" spoilers below
it looks to me like J.lo dies in the beginning of the film! That's good news. Watch the trailer, it definitely looks different then I expected

Originally Posted by Courtsnz
I think Liv Tyler is much better then Jennifer Lopez.

She does......I believe within the first 15-20 minutes or so.

Do you know my poetry?
Well I finally saw the trailer, and I didn't really like it at all.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp

Yeah... umm or not ? Jason Lee is a failure he fluffs all his scenes and is soo unfunny in Chasing Amy he was ok, but thats it. Y i oughta rip of his nipples

I disagree. At first i thought he was wonderful, but a little trapped in those eccentric roles, but after seeing some 'non-kevin smith' work of his, I absolutley love him, hes great.

Originally Posted by Zeiken
I disagree. At first i thought he was wonderful, but a little trapped in those eccentric roles, but after seeing some 'non-kevin smith' work of his, I absolutley love him, hes great.
Fair enough, i cant say ive seen him anything else, it was mainly the Jay and Silent Bob deleted scenes that made me dislike him. Wot else has he done?

Hes done a lot,actually. You might want to check out Mumford , it came out back in 1998. He also has roles in Enemy of the State , Kissing a Fool , and Almost Famous . Granted, none of these movies are worth calling home about, but he does well in them. I enjoyes Stealing Harvard quite a bit, in which he plays victim to the outrageous and overdone follies of Tom Green. He has done 2 other View Askew Movies, (beside the JAy and S-B flicks).

Hi
I think it's best to leave Dreamcatcher out of Lee's filmography..

Originally Posted by Zeiken
You might want to check out Mumford
Oh yeah, he was the guy who skateboards everywhere. That wasn't a half-bad movie. It was wholly bad. . .heheheh. . .ok that sucked. It seriously is a pretty decent film. Although not very funny IMO, it's worth a watch.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Mostly heard here is:
"Bad cast, Jennifer Lopez dies within the first whatever minutes, why did Kevin Smith make this movie, etc....... "
Give me a break will ya?
I just saw the trailer and I think it's both entertaining, and a very cute story all together.

Originally Posted by gothamboy
"...the talented Kevin Smith".... That is an understatement, my friend.
No where close is it an understatement.

Originally Posted by gothamboy
Also, isn't Jennifer Lopez gonna' be in this movie?? I'm pretty sure that she's the "Jersey girl", and being somewhat of a "Jersey guy" myself, I do NOT appreciate that. She's from the Bronx, dammit, don't taint Jersey's image!!
Yes J.Lo is in it.

No she is not the "Jersey Girl". The daughter to Ben Affleck's character in the film is the "Jersey Girl".
Oh BTW.....What's so wrong with the Bronx that'll taint Jersey's "image"???

The Strongest Girl Alive
ya I think everyone should go watch the trailer before they post messages here. it answers all of your questions
www.viewaskew.com
thats where I watched it.