Sky Captain movie

Tools    

Has anyone seen the trailer for this movie?
http://www.skycaptain.com/home.html
Does anyone know if this is based on a book or comic?
Thanks
MDS

I saw the trailer when I saw Return of the King, and it looks like it was based on a comic book from the 40s or something, but if so, I haven't ever heard of it. From the trailer, it looks kind of stupid. A pilot who fights off an army of robots with a vintage WW2 aeroplane?

Originally Posted by cosmonaut
I saw the trailer when I saw Return of the King, and it looks like it was based on a comic book from the 40s or something, but if so, I haven't ever heard of it. From the trailer, it looks kind of stupid. A pilot who fights off an army of robots with a vintage WW2 aeroplane?
I thought the same thing about the plane. The movie reminds me of
"The Rocketeer" . Will have to wait till it comes out I guess.
Thanks
MDS

Hi
I am pretty sure it draws inspiration from pulp fiction (not the movie) but isn't really based on anything. Just going for that atmosphere..

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow is based on the adventure/sci-fi serials of the 30's and 40's, like Raiders of the Lost Ark was. Except instead of a treasure hunter the main character is a pilot. The old school feel and look this has makes me want to see it right now, and is the movie that I am wanting to see most this year.

I have high hopes for this flick and look forward to seeing it. It looks fun as hell to me.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

a girl with the name of polly perkins in it?
you gotta be kidding me
i'll be there opening night!

Originally Posted by freedom_e11
Have you seen this new blockbuster website. It is properly cool and I want to know if anyone has seen it and what they think. I really think this could be the next big thing. Tell your friends and tell them it was me who told you first.

This new blockbuster website is based on the Elite Warriors saga. It is an e-book with a difference. The website is a totally interactive sight, allowing visitors to read the story in chapters as well as look at character biographies, Starship specifications, weapons analysis and a guide to the Tri-Planet universe. It is cool and exciting and will be the next big franchise.

The greatest adventure has finally hit the net.

Visit : www.elitewarriorssaga.com

Join the War in 2004!!

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

seems to me this is alot of spam.....

let me see when i was taking notes during my second showing of ROTK i wrote this about the trailer (not much because it's a terrible pain to write in the dark) 'How weird does Sky Capn' look? SO COOL' I then went on about how much the spiderman trailer pisses me off and hoe once it was over one guy started clapping. sucker.

but whne you look at what the future at the movies is bringing us, if all goes well and (even though it's a fools hope) it doesn't turn into fest for all sorts of cheesy things, it will be a nice breath of fresh air. but then agiain we only have a fools hope for it.