Movie: Young boy forced into MS13 gang and illegally immigrated USA

Tools    

I am starting to think I dreamed this movie. All my searches come up blank. I saw this movie (at least I think I saw) about 2-3 months ago and I believe it was on one of my local PBS stations (Chicago area). I just happened to watch it and it was a really good movie. The story was about a young grade school boy who got pulled into a MS-13 gang in Honduras. The story never mentioned how that happened but it was not what he or his parents wanted. The gang forced a chest tattoo on him with the gang symbol. To escape them, his parents arranged for a coyote to get him into the USA where he would then meet his uncle and stay there. The movie covered his illegal crossing into the USA, and his subsequent being caught by border agents. Then his time spent in the one of the child holding facilities where they would determine whether his uncle could take him, or a return home. While in the holding camp, other youths found out he was MS-13 and his time there became very rough.A really great movie especially in light of all the politics occurring today in regards to illegal immigration activities

My searches end up like this movie never existed. I am trying to find the name, when it was made, etc. Thanks.

I can't believe nobody else has seen this movie. I jokingly inferred maybe it was a dream, but my wife saw it with me. It was on a PBS station.

Was it definitely a movie and not, say, a documentary, or some quasi-documentary? It sounds more like something that might have been based on a true story. I think a low budget PBS movie like that would be particularly hard to find, potentially.

It also sounds a bit rough to be on PBS!

It was in a movie format (actors). About 90-minutes from what I remember. Whether it was an actual true story or based on a person’s experience, I do not know. But it was not a documentary in the sense of showing a persons’s life with real captured footage.

Sin Nombre is a great movie in the same ballpark but I don't think it's the one.
I came across this one in my searches. It look quite interesting. I hope I can find it for viewing. Not the one I am looking for though, but appreciate your response.