» While the actual source of the name Oscar, for the Academy Awards’ statuette is under debate, it was Hollywood columnist Sidney Skolsky that first used the nickname, in print, in his column on the sixth Academy Awards in 1934. He was referring to Katharine Hepburn’s first win for Best Actress. It wasn’t until 1939 that the Academy first officially used the nickname.

» Sidney Poitier became the first black actor to win an Oscar for his leading role in "Lilies of the Field."

» Will Smith's first big screen role was in the film Where the Day Takes You (1992).

» Sidney Schanberg's brilliant novel, "The Death and Life of Dith Pran," was retitled "The Killing Fields" (1984) when it was made into a film.

» Wilson, the volleyball that kept Tom Hanks' character company on a deserted island in the hit Cast Away (2000), sold for $18,400 in an online auction of movie props in 2001.

» Singing cowboy Rex Allen provided the narration for the 1973 animated film "Charlotte’s Web."

» Sophia Loren and Marlon Brando co-starred in "A Countess from Hong Kong," a 1967 comedy.

» Studio heads wanted Tommy Lee Jones for the lead role in the futuristic action film "Escape from New York" (1981), but Kurt Russell landed the part.

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......