Very old mouse movie - name unkown

Tools    

So this is a movie I remember seeing when I was younger but NO ONE knows what it is and I can't find it online.

Basically theres a group of mice/rats that live out in the forest. One of them is taken by scientists and his friends go in to find him. When they get in (I'm a bit fuzzy) they find they're making mice/rats more aggressive and smart. The one they'd been friends with basically took over and he's crazy.
They fight for awhile and he finally comes back to his senses and he's saved.

I've been wanting to watch this movie again for so long but no one has any idea what it is please help

Its not secret of NiMH. This is a movie with white mice and rats. But they are taken to a laboratory. Most of the characters are male.

They live up in trees if I remember right

This is what I mean no one knows what it was lol

Most interesting man in the world
rescuers down under?
sounds like pinky and the brain...

"The one they'd been friends with basically took over and he's crazy.
They fight for awhile and he finally comes back to his senses and he's saved."

^ does the guy that " took over " an ugly fat rat with like a messed up eye and an eye patch
and maybe carry/use a wooden cane ... ?

- just guesses

It was animated, i dont remember any eye patch mice. Everyone just says NiMH but it was not that.
I don't think it was a very long movie, and had good clean drawing.
I want to say they fought with q-tips at one point

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
yeah, that's bugging me now. I want to agree with @Bht88 up there in suggesting Pinky and the Brain. I watched Animaniacs religiously as a kid, and Pinky and the Brain were my two favorite characters. I want to say that I remember an episode where Pinky received an injection that made him super strong and angry that might overlap your descriptions but damn if I can't find a reference to it, but my memories could be clouded now following this thread. Maybe there's an episode database somewhere with show synopsis. That could take some time though =\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Are you sure it was mice? almost sounds like the TV show "Mon-chi-chi's"