Realistic TV Shows about vigilantes, vigilante groups, etc.

Tools    

I know this is not about movies, but maybe you know some. I'm looking for shows that are believable (not something like Batman or V for Vendetta) and have cientific grounds for the things that happen (for example, if the hero sedates someone, with a "magical" potion, that the chemical compound or whatever is named).

What I mean more specifically is, for example, the hero leaves a room where he just killed a criminal and appears somehow in his lair, and magically nobody followed him or saw him in a traffic camera. Something like Dexter perhaps, but with more details as to what the hero specifically does. Example: He used anti-surveillance maneuvers to avoid being followed.

I know this question is off-topic perhaps, but I would appreciate the help anyways.

Thanks in advance!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Why, are you planning on using anti surveillance techniques so you can stalk and kill someone?

I liked John Doe Vigilante (2014)

Having a lair sounds like it would be kewl tho.

This might just do nobody any good.
Why, are you planning on using anti surveillance techniques so you can stalk and kill someone?

ehehehehe. That guy was so good in that!

Not right now. When I do, I'll probably learn the tactics from somewhere else. I ask only because I'm kinda tired of shows and movies (James Bond would be a really good example) when the hero magically appears places and finds out about things he/she could have never found out using existing tactics and whatever. Or things that are very hard to accomplish, like a person who mastered 5 different kinds of Martial arts, drives cars like Ken Block, speaks 12 languages, can kill a fly with a dart and knows how to disarm nuclear bombs using nothing but his glasses.

I liked John Doe Vigilante (2014)

Having a lair sounds like it would be kewl tho.
I'll check it out! Having a lair is not really a requirement, it is just an example :P

Good answer and it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for being a good sport.

fpr anti surveillance I imagine you'd have to ask someone who worked in surveillance and I'm not sure they'd be willing to answer that to a stranger on the net, but it seems now that you're asking for something a lot simpler. I think most shows and movies would use poetic license to make it look fancier. I've seen things in movies where I had experience in that field and have yelled OH C'MON! Same with my husband in his field. It happens all the time.

As for the likes of James Bond, yeah ofcourse that's realistic, so is Rambo which I have only just seen. Great stuff.

Anyway, I hope you get some more recommendations on crime shows.

Samurai flamenco is very realistic during its first 7-8 episodes, as the hero fights criminals with office stationery. Then it becomes a satire of super sentai shows and hence ultra unrealistic.

Good answer and it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for being a good sport.
Haha. Whe I read your post I looked at the OP again and it did look like I wanted to stalk someone.
fpr anti surveillance I imagine you'd have to ask someone who worked in surveillance and I'm not sure they'd be willing to answer that to a stranger on the net, but it seems now that you're asking for something a lot simpler. I think most shows and movies would use poetic license to make it look fancier. I've seen things in movies where I had experience in that field and have yelled OH C'MON! Same with my husband in his field. It happens all the time.

As for the likes of James Bond, yeah ofcourse that's realistic, so is Rambo which I have only just seen. Great stuff.
Rambo, completely ridiculous. What about The Expendables?
Anyway, I hope you get some more recommendations on crime shows.
Thanks!
Samurai flamenco is very realistic during its first 7-8 episodes, as the hero fights criminals with office stationery. Then it becomes a satire of super sentai shows and hence ultra unrealistic.
Wow the plot looks super interesting. Good one! Thank you!

Haha. Whe I read your post I looked at the OP again and it did look like I wanted to stalk someone.

Rambo, completely ridiculous. What about The Expendables?

Thanks!

Wow the plot looks super interesting. Good one! Thank you!
LOL I do like posts that set me off thinking about a good stalker movie.

Rambo has been playing on tv late just this week. #3 was on last night but I only saw a bit of it, you know, Rambo with his shirt off galloping straight to camera shooting bad guys as sweat glistened on his torso. I have no idea how many are in the franchise but that network is sure to give me another one tonight. I still dont know how I missed the whole series at the time.

The genre you're after is actually one I love but I cant think of a single one, (and unlike my first post to you, I have thought a lot about this to try to come up with something helpful), that could be regarded as completely realistic, but one suddenly sprung to mind.

My eldest brother was recently raving about Berlin Station - english spy thriller and I'm not sure how many episodes it currently has. I cant recommend it as realistic because I havent seen it yet but might be worth a go because he does like an element of realism in his tv viewing, and just going by his glowing carry on it is a possibility for you. If you check it out, let me know what you think. The british do tend to do this genre very well.

Another I just thought is Wire in the Blood. Also English, and about a forensic psychologist who profiles killers. Really good.

Like Burn Notice or MacGyver -'esque shows? There's a bunch, but what year(s) are you looking? A-Team also comes to mind.