The Big Lebowski

→ in
Tools    

This has got to be one of my all time favourite films!
The Coen Bros. are completly brilliant.
This is defently the funniest movie of all time.
Anyone else love this film!

Yes.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

moomoobarhbarhbarh
my god yes.

not as much as pleated peaches.

i mean, care to put anything more, eliot?
is it your one of your favorites just because it's so funny? what's so funny about it anyway, john goodman's performance, interesting querky [i'll be querky] cast of loserly characters? am i just being a pain in the neck? word up.

Yeah you are been a pain in the neck!
I will eloborate on it though.
The script is flawless, the idea of been set around a bowling ally is very original.
The soundtrack is excellent, the cinimatography is beatiful, esecially the first scene in the bowling ally!
If there is anything else you want tell someone who cares!

It was beauty killed the beast.
It's a great film with more depth than it's often given credit for.

Originally Posted by Kong
It's a great film with more depth than it's often given credit for.
Totally agree its an absolute corker film that is layered with meaning and intutive charecters. Excellent film that is perfectly shot, scored and scripted.

Higher praise ther aint, this one ties with MILLERS CROSSING as my fave Coen brothers effort. Gets bettre with each viewing..........and funnier.

This is one mine and my Hsb's favourite movies, I never tire of watching it.

The characters in it are all just flat out cool.

I am having a nervous breakdance
This is probably my favourite comedy of all times. I never get tired of watching it. Jeff Bridges as The Dude is brilliant and so are all the other actors. Phillip Seymour Hoffman... has he ever been bad in any film he's been in? The only thing I don't like about it that much is that nihilist gang.. That is a bit too slapstick for me, but it is not taking over the movie in any way so it's cool.

One of my favourite scenes (out of many) is the scene when The Dude is in the car with "the other" Lebowski and Brandt and he tries to explain things to them. It is so funny. I also love the scene when the cops come over to The Dude's place to investigate about the car theft and the rug. Not to mention the scene with The Dude in his car listening to Creedence and smoking a spliff and then dropping the joint and... ah, you know, you've all seen it.

Man, I have to go watch it again!!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.