Blade Runner 2049

→ in
Tools    

I was fairly cautious when I heard about a blade runner sequel. I thought at best it could be like Star wars the force awakens and at worst it could be a forgettable sequel, it could have been a cash grab. I'll tell you right now that is not the case, this is a great film, go see it. it is criminal the box office reception this has, I for one will own this on Blu-ray the moment I can and I hope to see it again before it leaves the theater.
BR2049 is visually spectacular. the shots are gorgeous, the set design beautiful and I love the costumes, even the CGI looks great and is implemented well. There is a moment in the film where they use CGI to recreate a person, I was completely sold on the effect, but I've heard different form others. I'll have to pay close attention next time I see it if I can detect the uncanny valley.
I love how this film has taken what previously existed within the universe and has made improvements that seem like logical progressions of the technology. Ryan Gosling does a fantastic job guiding us through the story as his character K.
One thing I always look for in mystery stories is if I can follow the path of the investigation, I believe it succeeds in unveiling the mystery. I found myself invested in the relationships that K had formed and the struggles he faced and I loved how this sequel played with the question of what makes a person a person. Something introduced in the last film but I felt expanded upon well here.
There are some dangling threads, possibly left for a sequel? I feel Jared Leto's Character, Niander Wallace definitely needed a comeuppance, I felt things with him are unresolved. I Recommend BR2049 I'm sure as hell looking forward to seeing it again.

So i just "watched" this movie and uh... i had to turn it of. I was just so incredibly bored!
I mean maybe there is a decent movie in there but the whole point about watching a movie is entertainment and i wasnt entertained at all. I get that it wasnt going for action and epicness but i just cant sit though a sci-fi movie that doesnt entertain me. Sci-fi movies are about things that are not real so it cant expect me to relate to anything other than the characters. It didnt do that for me at all. If i am to care about the people in the movie i have to be able to relate to them and actually feel like they are atleast somewhat real. None of the characters in Blade Runner felt real to me (yes i know most werent supposed to be but yeah) i didnt care about anyone in there. Like wtf was Jared Letos character, i was kind of intrigued by him but then he had like 1 scene where he made no sense and i was just like "so you done for the rest of the movie and all you did was speak in riddles alright then."
Really really boring movie im sorry.
Arrival was a movie i really liked and that was sci-fi, the difference is the characters in Arrival felt real and very relateable. Blade Runner has none of that. So for me it had to entertain and feel epic, it failed on both of those.
Most performances were kind of bland especially Ryans which shocked me. He basically has the same facial expression all the time.
Best performance for me was that woman that works for Jared Letos character or something (really dont know because i stopped caring really early on), she did well.
I dont turn many movies of halfway in but i just couldnt take it anymore.

I was fairly cautious when I heard about a blade runner sequel. I thought at best it could be like Star wars the force awakens and at worst it could be a forgettable sequel, it could have been a cash grab. I'll tell you right now that is not the case, this is a great film, go see it. it is criminal the box office reception this has, I for one will own this on Blu-ray the moment I can and I hope to see it again before it leaves the theater.
BR2049 is visually spectacular. the shots are gorgeous, the set design beautiful and I love the costumes, even the CGI looks great and is implemented well. There is a moment in the film where they use CGI to recreate a person, I was completely sold on the effect, but I've heard different form others. I'll have to pay close attention next time I see it if I can detect the uncanny valley.
I love how this film has taken what previously existed within the universe and has made improvements that seem like logical progressions of the technology. Ryan Gosling does a fantastic job guiding us through the story as his character K.
One thing I always look for in mystery stories is if I can follow the path of the investigation, I believe it succeeds in unveiling the mystery. I found myself invested in the relationships that K had formed and the struggles he faced and I loved how this sequel played with the question of what makes a person a person. Something introduced in the last film but I felt expanded upon well here.
There are some dangling threads, possibly left for a sequel? I feel Jared Leto's Character, Niander Wallace definitely needed a comeuppance, I felt things with him are unresolved. I Recommend BR2049 I'm sure as hell looking forward to seeing it again.
I think you copy pasted your comment from some other thread and just assumed this was a praising Blade Runner thread lol.

Nevermind i see what happend, someone deleted my thread and put my starting thread post here, in your thread. Very strange.

I merged them, since we already had a few threads on the topic (and just for future reference, if we didn't, a critique like this would go in Movie Reviews). Welcome to the site, BTW.

im waiting for this to come out on bluray, as i ve missed out on it in cinemas

I merged them, since we already had a few threads on the topic (and just for future reference, if we didn't, a critique like this would go in Movie Reviews). Welcome to the site, BTW.
Ah alright, got confused when i refreshed the page but i guess my post works in this thread so no worries. And thank you for welcoming me

Welcome to the human race...
Saw it twice in theatres and could've gone for a third. Probably my favourite film of 2017 so far.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I just saw it for the first time, and I thought it was good but not great necessarily. I know a lot of people say they like the pacing to the movie, and the pacing is good in sections, but I find some sections to be kind of sluggish, and not sure if that's a good thing. It's not like I need a lot of cutting. Some of my favorite movies have whole scenes all done in one shot. But I feel there is a sluggishness here.

The cinematography is good but it's not near as goodlooking as the original Blade Runner. Blade Runner has a cinematography that is timeless, and never ages, it feels like, where as this movie to me, although goodlooking, still clearly goes for a more 20-tens look in comparison.

The story was overall good, but a lot of parts of it, especially in the first half, feel like a standard detective thriller, with scenes like, "turn in your gun and badge", and all.

But it picks up in the last half. I feel that the antagonists could have used more explanation in their motives as well, and I had questions at the end of it, unless I missed something and it all made sense in the end. But I still feel like I could have used some more in depth into their personal motivations and what made them tick, if that makes sense.

Thanks for a great review like always. I always follow your site for great movie reviews. Popcorn Time Apk