Personality

Tools    

The personality of female lead can sometimes let down the character, they might not provide the role model that young girls might need. Do you think that this is an issue in Hollywood films and why?

I have specifically been studying ‘The Hunger Games’ (2012), ‘StarWars the force awakens’ (2015) and ‘Ghostbusters’ (2016). If you have seen these movies and are able to link them into your answers it would be appreciated. However any movie is also helpful.

If there were any flaws in the personality of the character then it would be up to the audience to avoid that example. Essentially they'd be role models of how not to behave, which is still valid .

I've seen more of The Hunger Games than Star Wars and I can't remember anything about Jennifer Lawrence's character, who exists in a extreme situation, that seems like a negative example for the audience – and I say audience because you can have a female role model whatever sex you are.

The personality of female lead can sometimes let down the character, they might not provide the role model that young girls might need. Do you think that this is an issue in Hollywood films and why?

I have specifically been studying ‘The Hunger Games’ (2012), ‘StarWars the force awakens’ (2015) and ‘Ghostbusters’ (2016). If you have seen these movies and are able to link them into your answers it would be appreciated. However any movie is also helpful.
What is this now, three threads on the same subject? It must be for a school assignment.