The Transporter

→ in
Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Has anyone seen this film? Does anyone have any feeling on it?

I just saw it and I have mixed feeling about it. It is ultra-stylish, and has some great fight scenes, but the movie has NO substance. None at all. (Maybe in the opening scene, but that is a stretch).

I really want to like the film, as it seems to be something that I'd like, but for once I'm utterly torn between like/dislike, and good and bad. Can the coolness make up for the utter lack of feeling that I get from seeing this movie. (This is very odd)

Can anyone help me out a little? I just new a quick second opinion from a few people in order to help me sort this out. (KONG!)

I'd appreciate any help.

-Beale

I didn't like it. It was just a typical hyper-action flick. No substance indeed.

I found the cute Asian chick memorable, however.

Hi
I was hoping the movie was going to be like the opening scene. I liked that concept a lot with the driver scenario but then things just seemed to get annoying from the middle.

i saw it a while ago, but i remember LOVING the beginning of it...until he met that woman

it got all cheesy and mushy after that with stupid lines and cheesy music....it really made me quite mad because it was so promising (and i really like Jason Statham)

It was very promising. The opening was WONDERFUL! They should've made a movie out of that!

I'm beginning to really like old Jason. He stars in two of my very favorite movies, (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels ans Snatch), and he was very good in the Italian Job.

Thanks a bunch!

I thought it was a poor film.

Oh wait, I actually wrote that review. Go figure.

Nice review.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Nice review.
Why thanks.

Like the lot of you, I wanted to like this film hard but it just kept throwing recycled stuff at me. Oh well...this is, so far, one of the bottom picks in an otherwise poor genre (what to say if Kiss of the Dragon and 51st State are genre highlights).

I haven't seen either of those actually. (I've always meant to see Kiss of the Dragon though). 51st State looks interesting as well.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I haven't seen either of those actually. (I've always meant to see Kiss of the Dragon though). 51st State looks interesting as well.
Browse around the site where Transporter review was and you'll see reviews for both in the "film" section. Both are quite OK, with Kiss of the Dragon being my pick, if you can ignore glaring linguistical discrepancies (you'll see what I mean) and general lack of substance which Jet Li makes up with his kicks and hacks. 51st State is guaranteed to raise a smile at very least - poor film on every artistic level but at least amusing to watch and the pace is good enough to keep you in it

Thanks again!

Are You Feeling Good?
i agree, the movie lacked a solid basis to hold it together. I thought it had a lot of potential, but fell short. To be completely honest, I think that it just had the wrong people working in every area. If it was directed differently, written differently, had different actors, and a different editor, it could have been a great action flick. But it just fell into mediocre.

I think the biggest beef I have with this film is it's HORRIBLE music. I felt like I was in an elevator for and hour and a half. It seemed as though they only used music you'd find at some sort of copyright free site.
3. Punch-Drunk Love
4. American Beauty
5. Pulp Fiction
6. Godfather (trilogy)
7. One Flew Over the Coo Coo's Nest
8. Moulin Rouge
9. Magnolia
10. Night of the Living Dead
11. Goodfellas
12. About Schmidt
13. Matrix
14. L.A. Confidential