12 votes
Dogma
8.57%
3 votes
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
What is your pick?

Another movie "Jersey Girl" is coming out either Winter this year, or somtime next year, I'm not sure which yet. Whether it contains Jay and Silent Bob is also a mystery to me. It does however star Jennifer Lopez as well as Ben Affleck. The latter doesn't bother me, but I tend to be prejudiced against Jennifer Lopez movies. (She does sometimes prove me wrong though). Any thoughts, side info on this?

A novel adaptation.
I strongly doubt it will contain Jay and Silent Bob, as Kevin Smith closed the book on the "View Askewniverse" with Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (That was the whole thing with Alanis Morissette closing the book after the credits). Although I don't doubt he'll throw in some reference to them for the fans.

I don't think I'll be clamoring to see this one, but I'll probably wind up seeing it in theaters towards the end of it's run.

Dogma, but I don't think any of his movies are very good. I just like Dogma because I like movies that pick on the religious.

Originally posted by Steve
Dogma, but I don't think any of his movies are very good. I just like Dogma because I like movies that pick on the religious.
I see..................

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Buddy Christ

Even though I didn't chose Dogma (has nothing to do with religion), i like the movie, but not as much as others. I can't wait to see Jersey Girl. Moviepoopshoot.com has some good info about the movie along with Kevin Smith's daily journal while filming the movie.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Its really hard to chose a favorite Kevin Smith movie, (I love them all so much), but at least at the moment my favorite is Dogma.

And on Jersey Girl. I understand that he closed the door on the "askewnaverse" or whatever it was in JaSBSB. I hope that, given this is the chance, it won't mean just an end to Jay and Silent Bob, but everything that was in the previous Kevin Smith movies.

I think he should start a new series of loosly connected movies, or just start doing movies that have no connection to each other. Leave the first series in it's original, great form. It needs no adding on to.

One thing does bother me. His movie is still centered around and takes place in New Jersey!

It was beauty killed the beast.
Chasing Amy and Clerks are the only two that Kong likes, and out of those Kong would pick Chasing Amy even though it's a close call realy.

Kong needs to see Dogma again because he was very sleepy when he saw it in the theater. Kong didn't like Mall Rats or Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back.

Clerks is one of my all-time faves. It's the start of Smith's mini-verse. The humor at the time was out of nowhere. His other films expanded upon this, but it was expected, while Clerks was the standard. Nothing beats an original.

DonJuan de la Nooch
I would have to pick Chasing Amy. Jason Lee was excellent in that movie. Dogma would be a close second.

I also thought that Mallrats got a bad rap. Does anyone agree?

I do. I don't know what everyone considers to be so bad about that movie.

(Although I get the feeling someone is about to tell me)

I wished the buck stopped here
Originally posted by Brasco

I also thought that Mallrats got a bad rap. Does anyone agree?
I agree
Mallrats was pure class. Although out of all Kevin Smiths "Jersey" films I reckon Dogma was the best.
Jason Lee is a damn fine actor.

My thoughts almost exactly!

Originally posted by Beale the Rippe

I see..................
Que?

Kevin Smith is not a filmmaker. He is a writer who somehow got hold of a camera and some money. And his writing, even though some of his dialogue is wonderfully musical, isn't very special when compared to someone like PT Anderson or Scott Frank.

This is a guy who said he has no interest in going back and watching French New Wave or classic Hollywood, because guys like Jim Jarmusch already did it.

DUDE!!! There's room in this world for so many styles, why all the hate? Can't we all just...just...
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally posted by LordSlaytan
DUDE!!! There's room in this world for so many styles, why all the hate? Can't we all just...just...
I know. Seriously. There is no reason to compare Kevin Smith with PT Anderson. Other than having a way with words, they are not similar in any way. Everybody has a style. STOP THE HATING STEVE! (Although I'd pick a Kevin Smith film over PTA any day. For some reason I feel his films are more enjoyable, but there is no reason to compare them, or choose one over the other. There isn't a shortage of film or filmmakers, therefor enjoy as much as you can).

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
The best Kevin Smith movie so far is Dogma. This movie brings up serious issues but not many people notice them because of the style in which Smith works

Do you know my poetry?
His best movie has to be Chasing Amy, Jason Lee Is AWESOME in this movie, then after this one I liked Dogma and Clerks.

Master Of My Destiny
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
His best movie has to be Chasing Amy, Jason Lee Is AWESOME in this movie, then after this one I liked Dogma and Clerks.
You mean Chasing Amy's Jason Lee?

yes he is fantastic in it.

My favorite that combines them all is strikeback,but besides that clerks and chasing amy are the best.

If I had to pick one, it would be Chasing Amy.
Personally though, I can do without Kevin Smith.

Clerks is my pick, with Chasing Amy coming second. Clerks has just too much memorable little bits.