Looking forward to hear what the crowd think about Mackenna's Gold

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
One of my favorite movies, I saw the movie in the early 90s, though it was released in the year 1969. For me, it was one of the best movies, and the acting by Gregory Pack and Omar Sharif was sbsolute classic

Julie Newmar is naked in it.

Otherwise, no good.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Julie Newmar is naked in it.

Otherwise, no good.
And what do you think about Gregory Pack? Was he not awesome in his acting?

No. Good actor, but he was a stiff in that one. I saw it in the theater when it came out. It was a double feature. I don't remember what the other one was. I started to watch it a year ago on one of those digital movie channels a year ago. Didn't look any better. I did stay with it long enough to catch Newmar skinny dipping again.

It has been over 40 years since I saw it, but I seem to recall that towards the end of the movie, as the sun rises higher in the sky, shadows get longer, not shorter. This error in no way detracted from the movie -- the plot was ridiculous from beginning to end. The only scene that I thought was well done was when Omar Sharif, playing a Mexican bandit, reveals his aspirations for his future -- a cultured life in Paris.

By the way, the author of the novel it was based on, under the name Heck Allen, is the credited writer on most of the MGM Tex Avery cartoons.

The movie could have used a little Tex Avery to liven it up.