Top 40 John Lennon Songs
Top 30 Phil Collins Songs
Top 40 Billy Joel Songs
Top 25 David Bowie Songs
Top 40 Madonna Songs
Top 20 Eagles Songs
Top 15 80's Original Motion Picture Soundtracks
Top 20 Genesis Songs

The following are my Top 30 Songs by one of the greatest rock bands of all time...

THE DOORS

30. BACK DOOR MAN
(1967, The Doors)

This song was a rock version of the 1960 original Howlin' Wolf blues song. The Doors' drummer John Densmore described the song as deeply sexual and one that got everyone moving.

This list is dedicated to Sexy Celebrity, whose comment in another post gave me the idea to compile my favorite Doors songs.
Thank you.

29. TOUCH ME
(1969, The Soft Parade)

This song was written by guitarist Robby Krieger and was one of the band's biggest US singles. It was also one of the rarest times The Doors used a full orchestration on one of their songs.

28. MOONLIGHT DRIVE
(1967, Strange Days)

This song was possibly the first song that Jim Morrison wrote. He shared a verse of it with keyboardist Ray Manzarek, who was awestruck by it, and it was then that they both agreed to form a band that Morrison named The Doors.

27. GHOST SONG
(1978, An American Prayer)

This song was originally recorded as a poem that was written and recited without music by Jim Morrison. 7 years after his death, the remaining members keyboardist Ray Manzarek, guitarist Robby Krieger, and drummer John Densmore got together and recorded music to go along with the track. The result was this groovy rock masterpiece.

26. THE SOFT PARADE
(1969, The Soft Parade)

This epic song was written entirely by Jim Morrison and is considered one of the Doors' most psychedelic songs.

I actually just got The Doors movie the other day. With Val Kilmer. I'll be giving that a watch soon. Hopefully soon.

I actually just got The Doors movie the other day. With Val Kilmer. I'll be giving that a watch soon. Hopefully soon.
The Doors is a great movie! That is how I actually discovered Jim Morrison, the band, and their music, and this was way back when I was in high school in the early 90's.
Oliver Stone was my muse back in those days, with Born On The Fourth of July, JFK, Natural Born Killers and The Doors blowing my mind away.
Val Kilmer did such a great job portraying Jim.
I'll be looking forward to reading your review of the film.

Master of My Domain
The #1 song better be L.A. Woman!

I'm liking your picks so far mr. Mojo.

23. NOT TO TOUCH THE EARTH/MY WILD LOVE
(1968, Waiting For The Sun)

Not To Touch The Earth is a song that was written by Jim Morrison as part of his poem Celebration Of The Lizard.
My Wild Love is a trippy song that is played entirely without instruments.
Both songs are tied.

Like with many of your other countdowns, I don't know most of these songs. I only know hits.