Summary
This is the female version of the “crude male comedy.” Where the male version is visually crude (your National Lampoon movies), the female version is verbally crude. Forget NSFW, this smelly piece of trash isn’t safe anywhere.

Was it any good?

It’s hard to find the parts of the movie that are funny and not crude. I’d have to say, “No.”

Who was in it?
Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, and Maya Rudolph

Should I see it on the big screen or should I wait to rent it?
It’s a stinker. Avoid it in the video store, too.

Should I see it one of the premium formats?

This probably goes without saying. In the great words of Amy Winehouse (kind of), “Should I pay more money? I say ‘no no no’.”

Review
Two sisters in their 40’s throw a party in the family house before their parents sell it. One sister was wild and crazy in high school. The other played it safe. No surprise that the wild child is almost homeless today while the other is semi-successful.

The movie reminded me of when kids get together and try to appear macho by cussing and being the most crude. Every crude joke is taken to the extreme. Even the aging parents are not spared. Are we supposed to be scandalized when the two are just as crude as the kids?

Tina Fey became famous on SNL for her smart and funny writing. She didn’t write this movie. It is almost the opposite of smart and funny. It’s dumb and sad. There’s a few things that are funny, but they are buried in the middle of the most unwatchable trash.

Is there an occasion to watch this film? You can’t watch with your parents, your friends from church, your spouse, your kids… There’s something inappropriate to make it unsafe for every situation. What are you left with? Just like it’s male counterpart, the National Lampoon movie, it’s destined to just take up space on your Netflix screen.

Is it family safe?
This movie is totally unsafe for the family. I won’t list all the reasons.

R | 118 min | Comedy | 18 December 2015 (USA)

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	sisters_poster.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	23524   Click image for larger version

Name:	sisters_featured.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	23525   Click image for larger version

Name:	sisters_article.jpg
Views:	139