Sailor, monster, posion thing

Tools    

Hi! I've got some weird question. I'm trying to make my girlfriend a nice gift for her birthday. One day she was telling me about a movie, that made her deadly scared, when she was a kid. She doesn't remember the title but she would like to try to watch this movie again. So... This is what she told me, she remembers:
It was some kind of cartoon, animated movie for kids. She saw it in mid-90's. The main plot was covering the story of some kind of sailor, who crashed on a island ruled by some kind of monsters. They captured him and jailed with other people. These monsters had some kind of poison, which turned these people into monsters. So they (monsters) were taking people one after another from this jail and were giving them this poison. The main character was alson brought out of his jail and when he was supposed to drink this potion, my girlfriend ran away in screams.
Do you know the name of that piece of art or maybe could suggest me where to find an answer?
I just want to find it, buy it, or download it, and give it to her for her birthday.
Please, help me!

Mad Monster Party (1967).