The Raid 2 Movie Review

→ in
Tools    

The Raid 2 is the sequel to the surprisingly kick-ass The Raid: Redemption
Directed by Gareth Evans
This film picks up after the first Raid. Rama, Played by the next Bruce Lee Iko Uwais, is going undercover in the Mob, and gets caught between two Mafias a family issue between the Son of the Mafia Lead, who wants to become his own man and his own leader, but still seeks approval from his Father.

This story is completely overshadowed by the amazing action, violence, and all out gore spaced throughout this film and a 20 minute non stop action ending that just makes your Jaw Drop.
The Choreography in this movie is The Matrix improved in every single way. the fighting looks gritty, well thought out, i could not believe what i was seeing in front of me with some of the action sequences, i couldn't help but yell "ooooooohhhhhhh ssshhhiiiiiitttt" when it would click that a fight was about to happen. They really do a great job of setting up the fight and making it so suspenseful. and these actors trained to be able to make contact and not hurt the other actor, and if you check the imdv page for the choreographer named Yayan Ruhian, you can find out some crazy facts about him training a branch of his governments equivalent to the US Secret Service.

ALSO, important to note that the leads of this film are signed on for the Star Wars Episode 7 Film, which makes me pumped to see some great fight sequences in this movie.

I can't say this is a perfect movie, there are some slow moments in the story and sometimes it can drag on but that i feel is mostly due to the adrenaline rush you get after every fight scene, I loved the movie and i'm going to give it a 8/10!!

Thanks guys for reading leave you comments down below, what is your favorite fight sequence in a movie, what did you think of the raid 2?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	theraidquad.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	19816  

It suffers from the same problem that the first movie had. Unconvincing switches from hand to hand to sudden gun use. Why not use the guns earlier? Why have 80 of your best men die because you didn't simply hand one of them a gun…

Some people think it's the best movie of the year. GF and I both fell asleep during this movie which was way too long for what is essentially just an excuse to do action scenes.

It suffers from the same problem that the first movie had. Unconvincing switches from hand to hand to sudden gun use. Why not use the guns earlier? Why have 80 of your best men die because you didn't simply hand one of them a gun…

Some people think it's the best movie of the year. GF and I both fell asleep during this movie which was way too long for what is essentially just an excuse to do action scenes.
I totally get what your saying Foster! I just suspended reality for most of the fighting haha it was too well choreographed but i agree with you hand to hand/ gun use/ baseball bat use, hammer use hahaha
Did you like the car sequence scene?

The best action movie of all-time if you want my opinion and some of the best fighting action-pack choregraphy I've ever seen. This movie is the definition of the word badass.

I totally get what your saying Foster! I just suspended reality for most of the fighting haha it was too well choreographed but i agree with you hand to hand/ gun use/ baseball bat use, hammer use hahaha
Did you like the car sequence scene?
I enjoyed all the action sequences

Lord High Filmquisitor
It's my fourth favorite movie from 2014 and certainly the best as an action movie. I gave it a 9.5/10.