Se7en ending

Tools    

i had a long debate with a friend about this today and want to know what you think, at the end of the movie you hear a faint gunshot between the quote and him saying he agrees with the second part.my friend thinks freemans character kills himself....i dont think so....what do you think...

I am having a nervous breakdance
I've seen that film a couple of times and I love it but I have never heard that gunshot. So, no, I don't think so. Plus, it doesn't work with the part where he says that the world is worth fighting for. How can he say that and then kill himself just a second later?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I See You When You're Sleeping
hmmm, and if seven 2 does come out, i don't think morgan freeman will be as tantalizing to watch dead.....

How is Seven 2 going to work? Freeman's character is meant to leave the force, you would think Pitt's character would be in jail? is it a copycat killer, this is going to be one hard movie to create!

I also am not sure about a gunshot, although i could be seriously wrong.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by Naisy
I also am not sure about a gunshot, although i could be seriously wrong.
Seriously wrong about what? That you're not sure??

Never heard thr alleged gunshot.

How is Seven 2 going to work?
They'll call it Ei8ht.

Freeman's character is meant to leave the force, you would think Pitt's character would be in jail? is it a copycat killer, this is going to be one hard movie to create!
I believe Freeman's character decided to stay with the force near the end.

Freeman's character isn't quitting the force - he said the world is worth fighting for. Brad Pitt's character wouldn't go to jail. He'd just need a lot of psychiatric counseling.

Originally posted by Yoda
Never heard thr alleged gunshot.
They'll call it Ei8ht.

Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
Freeman's character isn't quitting the force - he said the world is worth fighting for. Brad Pitt's character wouldn't go to jail. He'd just need a lot of psychiatric counseling.
Why wouldnt Brad Pitt's character go to jail? wouldnt he at least go to a psychiatric institution, oh wait i forgot, we are dealing with Hollywood here and not real life, ok so im proven wrong, geez i love it when that happens, it makes me feel so intelligent

Why wouldnt Brad Pitt's character go to jail? wouldnt he at least go to a psychiatric institution
That's what I just said, he'd get a lot of psychiatric counseling. There's evidence that John Doe killed those people now, I'm sure, especially after the last horrible murder. The cops would go easy on Brad Pitt.... you know why (don't wanna spoil).

Pitt's character would have the best temporary insanity defense ever. He wouldn't go to jail. They would argue that he had just found out the man in front of him had killed his wife AND child, that he didn't evenknow about yet, so in the heat of the moment, he killed Kevin Spacey's character. But Seven 2 definately couldn't work. God, can't hollywood think of anything original, or does everything have to be a sequel?!?

Good one on the Ei8ht joke though Yoda!

Get off my island
Everything does have to be a sequel, at last that's what's going on.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

I think a sequel to Seven would be a bad idea. Not everything needs a sequel, not everything should be a franchise.

couldn't have said it better myself.

Get off my island
There's no premise for a sequel anyway

who ever said there was gonna be a sequel?

has it been annouced by the studio?
i dont see david fincher directing, but if anyone could do it he can.......

morgan freeman doesnt kill himself at the end. its totally ridiculous to think that. have you seen the movie? because if you have then you will know very cleary that he doesnt kill himself.

I See You When You're Sleeping
A cool idea for a sequel would be from the point of view of Spacey's character throughout the first film.

Also I would like to see a prequel in which we find out how brad got his dogs, that'd be quite interesting.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I had a thought just a second ago on a sequal. Maybe when Brad Pitts character is released from therapy, or wherever he goes, he goes crazy, (or rather is still crazy), thinking that every other person he sees is John Doe. He kills them, thinking he is still taking revenge out on old Me. Doe. Somerset is called in to help the police with leads, but quickly decides to take it upon himself to stop his former partners killing spree.

Just a thought.