The Wolf of Wall Street analysis and theory

Tools    

This video gives you an alternative view of The Wolf of Wall Street by examining the theory that Belford's story is both false and exaggerated by looking at the issues of psychology such as memory, egotism and delusion, as well as analysing visuals within the scenes that foreshadow, highlight or infer to other events in the narrative such as the bow tie, the dialogue and the post it note.

For example, it looks at how the Belford's first encounter on Wall Street was an aggressive bow tie wearing broker who bullied Belford. Later in the story, Belford sees a young man wearing a bow tie and takes immediate hostility to highlight how his status has changed and that the visual cue has referred him back to the day when his ego was tore apart.

This also links into the fact that he begins to dress and act like Mark Hanna such as wearing similar suits, using drugs and finding other pleasures, and also dialogue such as needing to drink cocktails every 15 minutes.

The video even deals with a narrative ambiguity that won't be spoiled on this post, however it can be seen as intrinsic part to Belford and Donnie's relationship, as well as the significance of subjective narrow-minded perspectives.

It theorises that you can't trust everything you've been told and that the film itself is simply all the perception of Belford's perfect little world. His story sees him attempt to impress the audience rather than gives them a tale about the rise and fall of a con artist. There is an element of the film wanting it to glorify itself rather than be taken as a cautionary experience, hence the controversy surrounding the film's depiction of drugs.

I'm interested to know what you guys have to say, here is the Youtube code: watch?v=bW_xkFkez9o

to help you:

Sites for legal streaming, the best streaming platforms
Look at torrents français, a good source to find french torrents

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
This is probably a very controversial opinion but I still find this movie extremely overrated... If it was not for the amazing performance of Leo it would all fall apart... But feel free to call me an idiot!