Blade II

→ in
Tools    

I love this film. It upped the ante from the previous film and produced a darker storyline.

The vampire "dusting" was incredible! Watching it made me crave for a new installment of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on film.

Did anyone else like it?

I agree, it raised the level of the gore and the action sequences.
It was a worthy sequel to blade.

I'm amazed by the high quality of the special effects in this film. I've always been a fan of vampire films, and Nosferatu is my favorite, plus the dude is so freakin' scary looking!

Im amazed at the amazing flow of cr@p flowing from your mouths.

Blade II was a pathetic sad excuse for a sequal of a originally fantastic movie. The special effects had been copied straight from other smash hit movies like the Matrix, the storyline was almost non-exsistant.

A reasonable movie with brillent action sequences but aside from that anyone saying its "amazing" and "raised the bar" thats just going too far IMNHO

Originally posted by Naisy
Blade II was a pathetic sad excuse for a sequal of a originally fantastic movie. The special effects had been copied straight from other smash hit movies like the Matrix, the storyline was almost non-exsistant.
Blade II is indeed superior to the original.

The original was a fine film, but the sequel increased the action, atmosphere, violence, and gadgetry like a good sequel is intended to do.

Plus, the sequel had amusing, interesting characters. The original had but one interesting character-- the lead bad guy-- and he got pretty tedious after a while. Also, being cast by Brad Dorff seemed like a pretty lame MTV stunt to me. Like this trendy, LA teenager-lookin, wannabe bad guy is supposed to be convincing as an all-powerful supernatural force. I don't think so.

Besides, the sequel had more of a story-line than the original. The whole philosophical quandary of hiring and alligning yourself with your classical enemy in order to fight a greater, more serious threat-- purely for temporary gain-- has been an ongoing military dilemma for mankind for thousands of years. And such a strategy's risks are clearly demonstrated ficticiously in the film's ending. The film did a great job of developing this co-plot into the action of the vampire-killing plot. Don't tell me Blade II doesn't have a story-line.

It is a superior film to the original in every sense.

Theres only one thing that is better in Blade 1 than in it is in Blade 2 and thats the opening sequence which is

i found blade 2 to be more entertaining than blade, wesley snipes is a horrible actor outside of black ghetto gangster movies though. new jack city i'd say is his best work.

Michael Shanks is a God!!
I found Blade II to be better then Blade - It was a lot more action packed and had a whole lot of more gore.

I actually gave it 9/10

I am suprised that many people liked Blade 2. I guess you are all happy that there will be a Blade 3. I found Blade 2 completely like the origional. I was very disappointed. Like MIB 2, I went to the movies expecting to be dazzled because the first one was awesome, but instead got the same jokes, the same exact plot, basically nothing new and exciting to show for the sequel. Blade 2 shouldn't have had Kris Krisstofferson in it, and in the end I ended up not caring whether Snipes won against the "bad vampires". Sorry guys, but I have to disagreee with you.

i don't care what youse will all say...i don't care being reprimanded by you...i aint scared...

definately in my 10 best ever list you will find Blade and Blade II

love em loved em loved em

Movie Explorer
As much as I loved the action and bloodfests in both flicks, I'd have to say that the first one is the better one.
The second feature I believe over-did the special effects in some parts where it just didn't look right (even though not highly noticeable). However, both are great in entertainment value and I hope they continue with a third one to compile a trilogy. The new breed of vampires in the second one brought some excitement but DEACON FROST IS STILL UNTOUCHABLE!!

******* by Nature
Only problem i had with this movie, the figt scene in the warehouse. When Blade is fighting the chick, when they are in front of the lights, the computer generated characters look ****in terrible.
otherwise, it was a equally good movie to the first.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Normaly Kong would take a shit on this type of film, but it already stunk enough on it's own.

blade 2 was great,i personally really enjyed it.i liked it better than part 1 but part 1 was really god to.frost is nothing compared to nomak.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Both Blade films were great. It'd be very hard to decide which is better. They're not absolute classics, but they're great, fun popcorn flics.

Sidenote: Both Directors are now making two comic book movies that I'm lookng forward to immensely. Del Toro of Blade 2 is doing Hellboy, and Norrington of Blade is doing The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.